Door sensor data error- VSM issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
You've also shown me the solution to rusted rocker panels.

I’m not sure if you’re speaking of my Zip Tape repair, or the water buildup in the wire trough as a cause of the rusted rockers, but with way I’m glad I can help!

The Zip Tape kept from getting feet scratched when entering the truck, and also helped keep out exhaust smell from a small exhaust leak I need to repair. The tape won’t stop the rust, but it sure beats looking at those holes!

PS. The truck has no body rust at all except those panels, 245,000 miles in! (Well, That and the rear hatch aluminum paint issue Ford couldn’t figure out).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bnavqm

Reaction score
I fixed the same two wires. Mine were broke and corroded. That started to fix the problem. After fixing those to wires, I went back to the VSM in the dash and started checking voltage. To my surprise everything started working. If I jingled the plugs it would start and stop working. I checked all the connectors and replaced the loose ones and now everything is working fine.

Stale Overby

Reaction score
Hello
A last update of the issue regarding my car as I sold it in August.
The problem I earlier thought I fixed earlier in the link came back after approx. a month.
The problem was a hot wiring(maybe the pink one Ozzy fixed,don't remember) but the wire I'm talking about went in a loop to give current to the Third seat row before it went back also giving current to the VSM.

Since I don't have Powered Third row seat, I just cut the wire nearby the VSM and looped it directly into the VSM instead.
Problem solved.

I asked the local workshop regarding this,as this schematic of the Third seat row wasn't present in Hayne's book.
He then said he didn't have it either in his Professional workshop book, but he knew about it by experience.

Hope this can enlighten future issues like this, and maybe someone has that missing Electric schematic page so other can see.
Maybe they also have problemwith the Third row Powered seat:)

JB1258

Reaction score
I have looked at the fuses and checked all of that .The car was bought new off the dealers lot by us in 04 we had never had this problem before so the door sills have never been taken off except for the first one by the fuse panel .Where is the VCM located on the 04 I am wanting to trade off the car but I will get more for it if everything works Thanks.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
The VSM is in the panel above the fuse panel in the passenger side kick panel.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have looked at the fuses and checked all of that .The car was bought new off the dealers lot by us in 04 we had never had this problem before so the door sills have never been taken off except for the first one by the fuse panel .Where is the VCM located on the 04 I am wanting to trade off the car but I will get more for it if everything works Thanks.

You may want to inspect the wiring trough I mentioned before going at trying to replace or repair connectors at the VSM. That seems to be a common issue with this era.