Dorman transmission pan ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin08

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read on here that Napa had a drain plug transmission pan for my Expedition. I couldn’t find one on their website so I went to the local Napa. They could not find one either. Said the computer shoes a 6R80 pan but doesn’t fit Expedition. I think about that for a second and remember reading a customer review for a Chinese knock off version that said filter pressed tight against bottom of pan. So I told the Napa guy that the 6R80 one in their system was probably for Mustang or similar with a shallow pan. I could probably make it work using the shorter filter, but I don’t want to loose fluid capacity just to gain a drain plug.
Is there a drain plug transmission pan on the market that’s an exact replacement for 07-08 6R75?
I’m going to have a core 6R75 after the swap. Tempted to take the extra pan and see if a shop could tig weld in a drain bolt bung. I want an engine bay dip stick tube without paying $200 for one also. Any ideas for modifying something from another model?

ECE1D069-EBD5-4455-97B7-390D4A130FEE.png

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some on Ebay
I read on here that Napa had a drain plug transmission pan for my Expedition. I couldn’t find one on their website so I went to the local Napa. They could not find one either. Said the computer shoes a 6R80 pan but doesn’t fit Expedition. I think about that for a second and remember reading a customer review for a Chinese knock off version that said filter pressed tight against bottom of pan. So I told the Napa guy that the 6R80 one in their system was probably for Mustang or similar with a shallow pan. I could probably make it work using the shorter filter, but I don’t want to loose fluid capacity just to gain a drain plug.
Is there a drain plug transmission pan on the market that’s an exact replacement for 07-08 6R75?
I’m going to have a core 6R75 after the swap. Tempted to take the extra pan and see if a shop could tig weld in a drain bolt bung. I want an engine bay dip stick tube without paying $200 for one also. Any ideas for modifying something from another model?

View attachment 41086

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360