Driver door window stuck down - fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LovesTexas

Reaction score
One of those freak things. And of course it happened this past Tuesday, Jan. 31, when Texas was shutting down because of the weather. First thought is it's related to the weather because we don't get that cold.

Nope. The tiny little metal pipe that the cable goes through had rusted. Eventually it caught on the cable, preventing the window from rolling up. No amount of reprogramming, pushing on the glass or yanking on the cables was going to fix this. I had to take the window regulator out to see it. I'm a 62-year-old girl and it was a pretty straightforward process.

Most of the repair videos start with the glass in the up position. I had to loosen a lot of the bolts holding the regulator on, to get a little wiggle room. I was then able to lift the regulator enough to get a socket in the openings in the bottom of the door and release the glass. Pushed it back up and taped it in place, like most of the videos say to do.

This vehicle has the strangest things go wrong. I suddenly lost front air, even though I could hear the fan clearly. Somehow a very small plastic bag got sucked up, and was blocking the blown air from reaching the vents. My back blower went out last summer. Multimeter says it's fine. Blower was mounted facing sideways. Pulled it out, turned it face down and it ran. Turned it back 90° and it stopped. Only thing we can think of is something went wacky with the bearings.

Attachments

• 20230204_201901.jpg
    20230204_201901.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230204_163019.jpg
    20230204_163019.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 10