Driver side AC not working, changed blend actuator not fixed now what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jordanyte

Reaction score
I have an AC problem in my dual-control 2014 EL XLT:

Driver's side AC keeps blowing cold air, mostly in the footwell but also a little on the front ducts.

I replaced the Blend Door Actuator behind the hi-fi unit. It wasn't the problem as the problem still persists.

What else could be the issue? Is there a controller reset I need to do? I powered the actuator motor from the replaced actuator after removing it and it moved as if there wasn't a problem...

sandbuster

Reaction score
Were you able to manually move the door lever point to point to see if it felt unobstructed? Sounds like something may be lodged in there somewhere keeping the door from fully opening/closing?

Carl Keef Jr

Reaction score
I have an AC problem in my dual-control 2014 EL XLT:

Driver's side AC keeps blowing cold air, mostly in the footwell but also a little on the front ducts.

I replaced the Blend Door Actuator behind the hi-fi unit. It wasn't the problem as the problem still persists.

What else could be the issue? Is there a controller reset I need to do? I powered the actuator motor from the replaced actuator after removing it and it moved as if there wasn't a problem...
I'm just curious if you were able to resolve this issue? I have the same problem but haven't fixed it yet. I found this post with a lot of good information about all of the actuator locations. https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/actuator-blend-door-lessons-learned-front-and-rear.53171/

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure the flapper on the blend door actually moves when the blend motor actuates. Either take a screwdriver to the opposite side of where the motor mounts and rotate the blend door if possible (done this on other vehicles). See if temperature changes. If so, the rod that the motor actuates is broken.

Remove the motor. Re-attach the blend door harness. Change the temperature; hot to cold. See if the blend door actuator moves.

If one, or both, of those test failed you’ve found your issue. The way I read your post I understood it to say it only blows cold; doesn’t get hot.

There’s always a chance you might have a heater core issue, or a heat control valve issue.