Driver side window doesn't work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edwardi

Reaction score
First this issue started with all 4 windows not working. So after a few hours of research and troubleshooting, I ran a ground wire directly from the battery to the ground wire on the front window switch.

This made 3 of the windows work normally, and also fixed my weak power locks that hardly work.

Now, my drivers window doesn't work at all. I hear the click of the relay for the one touch, but that is all.

The drivers side window worked fine before the ground failed, so I'm not sure why it would not work after I fixed the ground.

Would anyone have any ideas? Is it possible I burnt out the motor by having the weak ground or something? Maybe the Auto down kept applying power or something?

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Edwardi

Reaction score
I noticed my cigarette lighter adapter is not strong enough to charge my cell phone.

What I'm thinking is if the cigarette lighter has a weak ground then maybe the ground for the drivers side window is connected to the GEM module and not the window switch ground. This is because I ran a direct ground to the window switch wire.

I'm going to have to figure out where all these grounds attach to. Would be nice to have the power locks working again also.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357