Driver's side blend door actuator location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArtsyFarmGirl

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here but always seem to have this forum pop up when doing Google searches for my car troubles.

I have a 2012 El Limited 4x4
The driver's air conditioning is not blowing from the vent but does on the passenger side, no clicking. I'm assuming this is a blend door actuator failure.
I went online and found all kinds of videos and watched them and tried tackling the job myself. I went to my local dealer and bought the actuator then went at it. Removed the center console and tried finding it and failed. I had my husband come look and he spotted the one up near the top of the gas pedal and thought it was right. Got that pulled out and realized it isn't matching the part I bought. Of course when it came out one of the places the screw holds it on broke so I had to actually order a new one and replace it. Got that replaced and verified that is not the one that's controlling it.
I found a very thorough tutorial online for a 2011 https://sparkys-answers.com/2015/02/2011-ford-expedition-replacing-drivers.html
When I'm looking at that, they take the whole console out and cut the floor duct main divider and replace because the actuator is under it.
I'm looking at the diagram the dealer gave me and it's not even showing that the actuator is there, in fact I see three but can't tell which is the one then to replace.
The diagram, which I will hopefully be able to add a photo of even though it is wrinkly, shows the white tube (19e628) as being on the right side but in my car it's definitely on the left. Did the dealer just give me a complete dud diagram? I gave him my VIN even, not just the specs on the truck.

Please, please help. I'm out driving around so much with my sons' baseball and everything and it's getting completely unbearable without proper AC

Attachments

• 20220522_214852.jpg
    20220522_214852.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 43

Velvet79

Reaction score
Hi! I'm guessing you've fixed this by now... but if it's not clicking, it's probably not the blend door acutator. Sounds like the Mode door actuator which is way easier to get to.

08exppy

Reaction score
Hi! I'm guessing you've fixed this by now... but if it's not clicking, it's probably not the blend door acutator. Sounds like the Mode door actuator which is way easier to get to.
Hi, do you mind sharing any detail about the mode door? Having similar issues. Lots of threads on the blend door but haven’t been able to find anything on the mode door. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni