Driver's window won't go up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, last week during one of our heavy rains, my driver's window wouldn't go up. It went down fine, but the past 2-3 weeks it was giving me trouble. Rocking the switch usually got it up. But figures Saturday, it was raining and wouldn't go up to save my life. I put a big hefty trash bag over it for the night with tape. I monkeyed around with the wiring on Sunday, and when I was checking up wire on switch, tan/light blue it went up. Well I probed a little more, and figured it was the switch. I ordered a Ford one from eBay used, rather than putting on a cheap one. Well today I popped it on, thinking it's fixed. Guess what, nope! So I started probing and checking power, ground, etc. Guess what fixed it, the relay on the inside fuse box, that is the auto down portion, was bad. Never thought to look there, as the down part worked fine. Well bottom line, it's working great. Any of you guys have a window that goes down, but not up, try that relay.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just buy a second expedition lol

OP
OP
1955moose

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ones enough. My second cars going to be one that's easier to work on. I'm over due for a new motorcycle, a Honda Goldwing sounds about right.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk