Driving Blind

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wifeystruck

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I’m new here, and new to online forums. I hope I chose the right place to post this. I’m trying to fix an issue with my wife’s Expedition. The dash says “low washer fluid”, but the tank is full. I’m not concerned with the dash indicator, but the lack of washing ability that she has. What can cause this issue besides the washer pump? I have replaced the pump already. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tuck

Reaction score
I haven't looked at mine but there's probably a sensor in the tank that may be stuck or bad. See if there's a float or something in the tank and see if it will move. You may have to drain the tank first to see it. If it's an electronic sensor it may just be bad.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also make sire the washer fluid lines are clear. Disconnect it and blow it out to be sure.

Retiredusps

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year? wifes 2005 has a float in the bottom of tank. Hers was stuck took a long wodden doweland tapped it a few times. it had a lot of scum around float. Always used premixed n No plain water added, must be from mixing different types. Rainex seems to get scum in jug!!!