DVD player Parental control reset? Help plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stefany

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Forgive me if this has been answered I couldn’t find anything. Our 2008 expedition has the rear DVD system. It worked just fine when we bought it but like a week later the kids put a dvd in and it’s asking for us to unlock it with parental control pin. I’ve tried everything to reset it. Anyone have any ideas?

1oldtimer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Forgive me if this has been answered I couldn’t find anything. Our 2008 expedition has the rear DVD system. It worked just fine when we bought it but like a week later the kids put a dvd in and it’s asking for us to unlock it with parental control pin. I’ve tried everything to reset it. Anyone have any ideas?

Not sure of which system you have, but I found this on page 22 of this;
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...er_information/EVOOwnersManualFord1-26-18.pdf

Parental Controls Parental controls give the ability to lock DVD content with certain ratings. The Ratings menu provides the ability to toggle between locked and unlocked based on the selected discrimination level, ranging from 1 (most restrictive) to 8 (least restrictive). See Page 26 for detailed rating settings. The default setting for Parental Controls is “off”. A password will need to be created to access parental controls. When entering “Parental Controls” for the first time, you will be prompted to set up a password to be used to set the ratings. Use the “Up” and “Down” buttons on the remote control to change the numbers, pressing “Select” to confirm. The system will then prompt you to verify the password for confirmation. Write this password down in a secure place. You will need this password to access “Parental Controls” in the future to make any changes to the settings. Performing a Factory Reset on the system will reset the Parental Controls to default settings (off).

At the least if your system is different it might still work for you.

OP
OP
S

Stefany

Reaction score
Thank you so much! We realized after messing with it a bit it only locks up on certain DVD’s. Weird. We will try a reset!

Oilama

Reaction score
This is a fairly common question, and I would recommend resetting the system by pressing the eject button for five seconds. You should also check to see if there is a disc in the DVD player or any discs loaded on the radio. If this doesn't work, you can reset it through the menu: on most DVD players, that allows you to reset it without needing to remove the disc(s). If these steps don't work for you, I can advise you to visit https://www.familyorbit.com/blog/track-text-messages-on-iphone/ and search there for any advice. These guys are the best in parental control apps.

Last edited: