Eco Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Search through and didn't find anything specific. What does the 'eco mode' actually do? And, does it work?

Only difference I notice if I switch to it while driving is the speed slows and more throttle is needed to maintain speed.

Does it shut cylinders off?

Thanks.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It controls throttle input, trans mapping, and power output. In other words, it limits how much power is sent to ur drive wheels and changes the trans shift points to give you the best gas mileage it can. In my experience, it works very well in town, if you drive economically. The gains are less so on the hwy though. It can be kinda liberal though, if u hit the gas hard, the car goes anyway lol.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It does with ccd. If your car doesnt have ccd, it doesnt effect suspension, but does effect steering. It lightens and slows steering as well. Itd be nice if the individual components we changeable. I love sport steering, normal trans shifting.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my Lincoln MKT you could toggle the button for Comfort, Normal and Sport suspension by itself. I wish the Expy had this aspect as well. I find it cumbersome to switch to Sport mode with the drive mode button then go back up to the dash and click on the ASS then go back to the 4wd selector and re enable 2HI all to get a firmer suspension. I know first world problems...but still.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve done a few tests with my Timberline with both ECO and Normal modes. They appear to handle the same as well as provide the same MPG over the same exact routes. Not sure if it is due to the different engine and suspension, but I have seen no difference.

I know the modes work because I use Tow/Haul mode frequently and it definitely preforms as expected in that mode.

I remember my 2019 handled differently but it had the CCD suspension. I can’t speak to the MPG because I can’t specifically remember if I tested it.