Eibach F150 2wd Front shocks, Bilstein 5100 rears installed. Success!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilde

Reaction score
So I was going to go the route of the Bilstein 5100 expedition version rear shocks and 4wd F150 Bilstein 5100 fronts. But... looking at my Expedition, I didn't feel like the fronts needed to go up so high. So I wanted to try the F150 2wd fronts. When I tried to buy them, they were not in stock anywhere. Then I found out Eibach makes height adjustable shocks just like the 5100's. They had them in stock at Eibach for the F150 2wd, so I got them. Part # E60-35-037-06-10

I had a 2017 F150 and I did the full 5100 install. While they did solve the issue of the F150 skittering over really bumpy parts of the road, they also made the ride noticeably more harsh on regular roads. They also worked better off-road. When I read that people that used the Eibach shocks said they were valved differently than the 5100's and noticed that the ride was smoother... it got my hopes up. Spoiler: yeah, they're way smoother than the stock shocks.

I put the retention ring on the 2nd lowest setting. Here's the difference between the stock shocks and the Eibachs at that setting:
K73gmKu.jpg

Here are a couple before and after pics:
RKdaYZE.jpg
8WD0PVP.jpg

So, as you can see, it raised the front just shy of two inches. To me it looks perfect.

So far the ride quality seems like a real win. It's hard to tell the rear versus the front, but in general the ride is very noticeably smoother on the mean streets and freeways of Los Angeles. I've already taken the Expedition three times off road (just bought it a few weeks ago), so I'll have something to compare it with when I try the new setup.

PS. Those 22's in the background are for sale. Dub Luxe S205's with brand new Toyo Proxes. PM me for details.

rx7gslse

Reaction score
awesome find!

I ordered the 2wd 5100s as well back in Dec.. . We supposed to ship in Feb, then March, now they say June...

I have the rears sitting next to me here in a box, but no options out there for teh fronts in stock.. I feel your pain!

do you feel the compression and rebound are roughly matched between the two brands front and rear being they're two different brands?

OP
OP
W

Wilde

Reaction score
do you feel the compression and rebound are roughly matched between the two brands front and rear being they're two different brands?

The front is definitely better than stock. The difference in the rear is not as noticeable, but it feels a tad stiffer. It's not like they're unbalanced or working against each other or anything.

Even if I had the 5100's for the front right here in front of me, I'd still pick the Eibachs. Like I mentioned, I did the 5100's for my F150, so I know what they feel like.