Electric driver's seat moves DOWN when pushing the button to go FORWARD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

battmanf16

Reaction score
Good morning all,

Have owned my 2002 Expy XLT 5.4L since new. The drivers seat has electric fore/aft/up/down/tilt controls. This week a new problem started: When I try to move the seat FORWARD, the motor moves the seat DOWN.

Aft/up/down/tilt still work as advertised.

So now, the seat is stuck in the full aft position. Thankfully the pedals still move forward/back so I can drive it. But I need longer arms:favorites37:...or need to get the seat to move forward.

I have tried the putting the seat back to it's full recline position to reset the system in accordance with the manual. No luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well sounds like 4 way switch might have gone bad, sending wrong info. Try pulling battery negative, leave off 1/2 hour, see if it resets. Other than that, maybe hit the wreckers or internet for a switch

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

battmanf16

Reaction score
Solved: A blast of compressed air into the four-way switch cleared the problem. Moisture? Debris? Not sure. But it works as advertised now.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That was easy. Something was fusing the contacts together, moisture most likely this time of year.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni