Electric Seat Blowing Fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely switch back to 30 amp fuse. You might want to get a resettable fuse or relay 30 amp. These fuses aren't cheap, about $3.00 or more each. With a resettable breaker, you can find your item that's dead shorted, without having to plunk down another $30.00 or more in fuses. I have a Snap on electrical kit that has such a relay. You can make it reset time and again till you find bare wire, or bad motor.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TXFishin

Reaction score
Still no luck on blowing the fuse. I have even had a shop take a look at it and they cannot determine the cause.

The seat rails were replaced, the control module replaced, the electric motors have been tested, all this checks, out, pretty much everything on the seat except the covering and frame

At this point, even the mechanic, is thinking it is something going on beyond the seat it self

I have no idea what it could be other than to jumper the seat to get it to the position I drive in and leave it that way

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Find a shop that specializes in electrical diagnosis instead of parts tossing. Electrical is simple if you know and understand Ohm's Law.
Has anyone checked to see what the voltage is to the seat motor?
As voltage decreases amperage generally increases.

A dc amp clamp on a meter will give you the current draw as you cycle through each switch. Once the circuit that has the issue is found you could narrow in on the cause.