Electrical problems with 99 ford expedition eddie bauer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill888

Reaction score
While driving my radio shut off and would not turn back on. The fan for my defroster stopped blowing and I could not roll window down. 4X4 light blinked on dash board then went off. vehicle continued driving then suddenly the radio, and fan came on and window was able to be rolled down. when I got off work 8 hours later car started and I drove home and had same problems with the fan and radio stopping then starting. The following morning the vehicle would not start. That is where I am. I did see some posts about water leaking from under the windshield to the fuse box and we have had some rain. I have not tested the fuses yet, but that is where I will start. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I’d check voltage like Mr. Sticker asked. My 2008 E350 van had an alternator going up on the way home from work some years back. I barely made it home but it did go into a limp mode which killed all electrical accessories including power windows air-conditioning radio speedometer all gauges everything was dead but the engine was still running and trans. was still shifting. As soon as I pulled in driveway it died and I drifted up to the garage door. Talk about perfect timing! I put an alternator on it and Jumpstarted it and everything work as normal again with the proper voltage.