Electronic throttle body

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good day everyone, am trying to fix my daughter's SUV and I have a question, regarding electronic throttle body. Is it supposed to move when the gas pedal is deppressed and the ignition is in the on position? I am trying to fix a crank but no start situation. It has spark and fuel. The throttle plate does not open when the gas pedal is stepped on. Thank you very much!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't know about the movement but it should be able to start and run at the programmed idle speed unless it closed too far.

How do you know it has fuel & spark?

Diagnosis:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I used a spark tester and got spark. Funny thing is I sprayed carb cleaner and it won't go. This started as an intermittent occurrence that would eventually start when the gas pedal is fully deppressed. You know it's going to happen if you crank it and it catches a little like it wants to run but only up to that. I was thinking it was flooded (returnless type) and got to looking at the throttle plate which does not move at key on engine off.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What kind of SUV is it? What year/engine size?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk