Engine noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Greg Lee

Reaction score
I almost forgot to mention what the old solenoids looked like in case anyone is interested. The one on the passenger side seemed in decent shape. The driver's side solenoid (which was the side i heard the most noise coming from) was some kind of different model--maybe an earlier version of the solenoid or an off brand maybe--not really sure but it looked a whole lot different than the new one.

Also wanted to mention that earlier today when the engine stalled that the check engine light turned on (and for the first time it stayed on). After changing the solenoids the light is still on so i took it to autozone to see if they would clear it but they wouldn't. Interesting thing is that in addition to the P0022 code i spoke of they also pulled up 2 more:

P0345 - Camshaft position senor A circuit (bank 2)
p0349 - camshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent (bank 2)

Hopefully the CE light will clear in time, if not you may be hearing from me again--but i'll probably make a new post as this one is getting pretty lengthy!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes, that should reset codes. If not stop by a Midas, or oreillys. They should be able to clear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk