Engine will not shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billygoat

Reaction score
I have an 03 Expedition 5.4 Eddie Bauer. All of a sudden my engine and all the electrical will not shut off when I turn the key to off. I can even remove the key and nothing shuts off. I replaced the switch itself but that did not resolve the issue. I have to disconnect the battery and alternator to get it to turn off. No matter how much I search I cannot find anyone else online who has posted about a similar issue. Service places are over a week behind and I need to get this fixed as soon as possible since it is my only way to work. Anyone have any ideas?
I'm having this issue now on a 2006 expedition. Changing relay #203 didn't help. Anybody have any solution?

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd pull each relay and check them. If you see nothing on the removable relays, pull the entire Central Junction Box(CJB) and check the relays that are soldered in. When my fuel pump relay failed I noticed the burnt electrical smell around the CJB in the passenger side kick panel.

wsmadsen

Reaction score
I have exactly the same problem. 2000 expedition with 180k miles. Starts and runs fine but will not shut off and battery drains if left connected. Ideas ??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01