Enter If You Dare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The tow package comes with electronic LSD on the Lincoln. Otherwise I believe it’s open diff standard. You can get a e-lock rear on the F150 FX4 and I think that may be it, I’m not 100% on this tho.

njja

Reaction score
Wow!

Hi njja, welcome to the forum.

I'm still under 5K miles on the truck at this point. It's a loaded Limited EL. The dealer website said the trade in was between $45K and $48K I don't know what the real trade-in would. The sticker was $66K. I'm not sure that I will go down this road at this point but... I certainly will not do anything until I get the chance to drive a new Platinum Max for comparison but I'm sure that would be a couple of months at least, and at the rate I drive, I doubt the mileage will even get to 6K by then. The truck has been rustproofed and undercoated by Ziebart, for our Indiana winters, and I have the 100K mile/8 yr No CoPay Dealer extended warranty on it which can be sold with the vehicle or pulled off an put on the new vehicle.

Ok, great. My cousin will meet you to take delivery and I will pay through PayPal. I am okay with the prize.

Lol, just kidding. Not a Craigslist scammer.

Let me know when you are down to it, maybe pm me or quote my posts or something.

I'm never active on forums I sign up for, so do expect delayed response but I'll send you my number if we are getting down to it.

Most chances are that I might have snagged something up in the next month or so to take advantage of Ford trying to sell off inventory.

Where I am, a dealer is basically giving $5k off on top of the $7,500 off rebate from Ford and some $1,750 off of incentives that we end up being eligible for. The deals are so good it's impossible to resist.

Not the ideal variant to buy, but for an example, the base XLT quote came to about $33k plus ttl.

How does one resist that? Don't get me wrong, not even attempting to be comparing to yours. Your trim seems perfect.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the locking diff and I guarantee I'll never use it. I took my 07 expy through soft mud and didn't ever get stuck. It's unecsassry if you have basic driving skills and know how to use your 4x4 system and gearing correctly. The GM SUVs are worthless off road locking diff or not they have ground clearance of 4 inches with their stupid air dam and they have 22"wheels with no tread or rubber. What good is that locking diff on a vehicle that isn't capable of driving on a lawn without getting hung up?

Last edited:

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yep 2018 will have electronic locking axle
i had it on my 2013 f150, used it a few times in the back woods inching up some slick iron ore rocks getting to the deer feeder.

limited slip on my expy now and it might as well be locked. i can plant two wheels of rubber easy and it will spin both rears if i plant the fun pedal.

electronic locking is great for low speeds crawl where you need max traction. it cuts off at 35 mph iirc.
combine that with superb traction control and you can drive in some nasty stuff safely.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the expy, you get the limited slip rear differential if you check either the FX4 box or the heavy duty towing package box. It might also be available as a standalone option, but I'm not certain on that.