Erased both key fobs on 2017 Limited XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nolarond

Reaction score
I'm new here. I have searched the forums for this problem and have found some close threads but nothing exactly like what I've done.

So, I did something stupid, and half knew that I was going to brick my vehicle before I did it.

Long story short is that the second fob for my vehicle broke in half, so I bought a replacement from AutoZone.

I spent a few weeks avoiding the reset because the instructions were unclear to me.

There was a step that said "place the first FOB in the socket"

Now there was no socket in the ODB device. If I'd been thinking properly, I would have googled it first. But of course I didn't think to do that, and I got past the point in the steps where the programming device reset both my FOBs. It was only after googling the model number of the key programmer where I found a video explaining the socket is in the center console under the coin tray. Too late.

I've found many websites explaining how I can reset the FOBs by starting the car on a keyed ignition.

I can find nothing on how to do it with keyless.

I found out about FORScan in my searches.

My question is, if I purchase an ODB device, will I be able to use FORScan to reprogram my FOBs to start my vehicle?

Was thinking about this one:
OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_9CS7EbX9AHVBM

Appreciate any advice.