1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erased both key fobs on 2017 Limited XLT

Discussion in 'FORScan' started by Nolarond, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Nolarond

Nolarond New Member

I'm new here. I have searched the forums for this problem and have found some close threads but nothing exactly like what I've done.

So, I did something stupid, and half knew that I was going to brick my vehicle before I did it.

Long story short is that the second fob for my vehicle broke in half, so I bought a replacement from AutoZone.

I spent a few weeks avoiding the reset because the instructions were unclear to me.

There was a step that said "place the first FOB in the socket"

Now there was no socket in the ODB device. If I'd been thinking properly, I would have googled it first. But of course I didn't think to do that, and I got past the point in the steps where the programming device reset both my FOBs. It was only after googling the model number of the key programmer where I found a video explaining the socket is in the center console under the coin tray. Too late.

I've found many websites explaining how I can reset the FOBs by starting the car on a keyed ignition.

I can find nothing on how to do it with keyless.

I found out about FORScan in my searches.

My question is, if I purchase an ODB device, will I be able to use FORScan to reprogram my FOBs to start my vehicle?

Was thinking about this one:
    OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_9CS7EbX9AHVBM

Appreciate any advice.