Ever had to remove a bad guy from your office?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jeff kushner, Mar 5, 2019.

1. TobyU

TobyU Full Access Members

Came out... does tend to have a different meaning now.. Lol
    I was just speaking of the shell I was under.
    People who knew me in high school laugh when we run into each other or have any contact today because I am so different. Most of them just figure they never really knew me because I was quite back then but I was a completely different person. Except for liking cars. I've always been a car nut.
    But no BS ing from me. I don't tell Fisherman's Tales because I don't like to fish and I've only done it a few times in my life. I've taken my kids up to the top of fire escapes and climbed onto the roof of the building I rented my mower shop in from a stack of old tires onto a storage trailer and onto the roof but I've never taken either one of them fishing.
    I just become a little odd in my actions are most of my beliefs too.
    My kids say I embarrass them at least every 3 Days To a week out in public. I tell them that's true but I rarely embarrass myself.
    They also often get quite an attitude sometimes with the looks when I'm talking and making friends with servers at dinner or whatever like they just want me to shut up and it's been an issue a couple times and I tell them when they want to start paying the bill for dinner then they can control the actions.
    I'm opinionated, set my ways, judgmental, "ethnicist", religious-ist, even nationality-ist, political party-ist....
    You probably get the picture, but I'm not a completely terrible individual. I'm actually very nice to people in public and always give them the benefit of the doubt for being a good, nice human being. It's when they show their specific and usually wacko, ideas or opinions or try to force the ideology my way, control my actions, or limit what I can or can't do or have because of their personal beliefs... that's when I typically overreact with an extreme deal of passion.
    But no BS made up stories from me.
    I'm still pissed as all get-out even though I didn't pay a single penny of it and insurance and my wife paid all of it but when my younger son had an appendicitis at 15 years old we took him to the closest hospital that it only been built in a couple of years.
    It was literally right up the street within like 5 to 6 minutes away so we figured why not.
    I had to go to work so my wife and other son stayed with him. The hospital was super nice and checked him in and starting an IV and did blood work and an MRI. So of course that was several thousand dollars total. Then they tell us that since he's not 16 none of the surgeons will operate on him if his appendix does need to be removed so they have to transfer him to Children's.
    So I tell my family members on the phone not to waste the money for an ambulance transport since he is not deathly sick or ill. You drove him to that hospital you can drive him to the next one, but the hospital push assist continuation of care bull crap so they can all make more money so yes, not only is it a waste of trip to the first hospital for thousands of dollars it's also 1300 more for a 20-minute ride to the other hospital.
    Had I have been there in person with my posture, body language Etc I think they would have gotten the message that it wasn't worth pushing and I would have driven my son to the other Hospital. I can remove an IV.
    So lesson learned, never take a young person under 18 in my opinion to a hospital that's not a children's hospital unless they are bleeding out.
    Just another of my several funky little life experiences.
    I guess I tell a few stories because I hold a grudge forever and never forget when I feel I've been cheated out of money or treated inappropriately. Just like an elephant, or is that a turtle, I don't remember. Lol

1955moose likes this.
  2. TobyU

And on holding a grudge, I'm going out of my mind right now because Aldi stopped carrying their cheap four pack of toilet paper that They Carried 4 years for $0.59. A while back they switched manufacturers or at least the inside toilet paper became different than the previous but the square footage was the same. Now they're not caring at all and they have no substitute that is the same cost per square foot.
    Yes! I buy my toilet paper by what barely meets the minimum needs of what I like and then by square footage. I won't buy that Scott's crap or the copies of Scotts that's like packing tissue paper. But I certainly am not going to pay for Northern Angel Soft or Charmin.
    So I've been round and round with their customer service and they simply aren't going to carry and aren't even going to try. So I told them I'll never set foot in your stores again because that was the only reason I came in there. Sure I bought some other things like peanut butter cups and salted caramel chocolate squares while I was there but the only reason I stepped into your store was to buy my 12 - 24 packs of toilet paper.
    I used to have the best bang-for-the-buck at Dollar General but they switched theirs too. So now I will go to the backup that I have been keeping the back of my mind for a while if this ever happens oh, yes see, I've actually been storing in my brain a back-up plan for the cheapest price on toilet paper. I know I'm nuts but it works for me. So now my backup plan is Costco they have a good deal on one of the cheaper grades of Kirkland. I don't think it's quite as cheap but is likely a little bit more convenient. The problem with the cheap packs I was buying was not the paper itself but that the rolls were so small that you had to replace them often. While the Costco might not be any thicker or softer on the sheets which is fine because I don't want to pay for that, the rolls are larger in size at least by look so they will last longer without switching. But I remember the cost per square foot being very close. We're talkin about two-tenths of a cent per square foot difference but anything over. 3 of a cent per square foot makes me shop for a cheaper one.
    I am a self-admitted cheapskate and I know this sounds funny in a forum where some of you guys are buying $70,000 vehicles but I know a dude that had $475,000 in his investment account years ago and stocked up on canned foods and wrote the date with magic marker on every one of them and literally recycled napkins from Wendy's and the restaurants. He would take stacks of napkins home and when he used them he would unfold them and lay them out to dry and use them again. I would suffer and trade that mentality for 475k.
    So I'm not a BS er I'm just mental I guess.

3. bobmbx

bobmbx Full Access Members

No, it won't.

4. jeff kushner

jeff kushner Full Access Members

Dang Toby.....that was one hell of a good rant! Might I suggest something to my long lost cousin? You might want to break down and buy some Cottonelle and enjoy the best TP ever produced....cause that cheap stuff is obviously really getting to you brother<LMAO>!!!

jeff

5. Adieu

Adieu Full Access Members

So, in summary:

A scared black kid tried to hide from cops in your business and did nothing to you whatsoever.

...and now you're terrified of black people.

Lol.

PS ever try locking the doors when sh!t goes down outside? I've seen people in troubled areas rig up car remotes to their locks

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Trainmaster likes this.
  6. Trainmaster

Trainmaster Old School Member

This is real funny stuff.

7. 1955moose

1955moose Full Access Members

The lounge usually is.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

8. TobyU

I knew something was rubbing me the wrong way.... actually that's one of my medium-length rants. You should see what I get into on Facebook right now it's about Michael Jackson. People are nuts!

jeff kushner likes this.
  9. jeff kushner

My French friend doesn't understand.....when you don't live your life in fear of things, you don't feel the need to worry like some do. I do not fear anyone based on color but I'm doubtful that such people that do, would have the confidence to act.

jeff

10. jeff kushner

The early reports, not the video but the reports of the horrific mass shooting in NZ appear to show that people were frozen and only one person had the presence of mind to attack and remove the weapon from one of the shooters. Unfortunately, this man did not know how to fire the very weapon he removed from the shooter and the shooter was able to flee with his gang.

One person....

I pray for those poor folks...

jeff