Expedition 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Eaton

Reaction score
I have an 2010 ford expedition and I was wondering if and 6.2 engine from and 2010 f150 can be installed and if still use same transmission

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 6R80 will mate up with the 6.2L yes, that was the trans it was used with in F-150. I’d bet you can make it work however there will be complications. The 6.2L should be the current premium motor in the expedition IMO great strong motor.

OP
OP
J

Juan Eaton

Reaction score
thanks for the info I feel that the 6.2 should of been able option that's one thing that chevy has an upper hand on is bigger engine opions for the Tahoe or Yukon

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They are accomplishing similiar numbers with the 3.5 ecoboost twin turbo. I'm sure you would need the computer from a 6.2 truck and probably have to make some wire harnesses to make everything plug in. The dash cluster is different in the pickups.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are accomplishing similiar numbers with the 3.5 ecoboost twin turbo. I'm sure you would need the computer from a 6.2 truck and probably have to make some wire harnesses to make everything plug in. The dash cluster is different in the pickups.

Good points there. The 6.2L has a lot more top end power than the 5.4 or 3.5 so it has a lot more pickup when you rev it out.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The big question besides what was recommended, is the engine longer or wider. Would clearance be an issue? Would be a nice update, you'd probably have to have it certified by consumers affairs, or highway patrol. That part could be easy, or a nightmare. Do your homework on the legal end too.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
The big question besides what was recommended, is the engine longer or wider. Would clearance be an issue? Would be a nice update, you'd probably have to have it certified by consumers affairs, or highway patrol. That part could be easy, or a nightmare. Do your homework on the legal end too.

Moose I thought the f150 & expedition uses same frame & front end

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Should, but who knows. Maybe the radiator support is further forward or something. It's probably plug and play, on the size, but asking and measuring ahead would sure keep the alcohol consumption down so he can focus getting the 6.2 in. Come to think of it, a little extra fab work can be a good thing if our friends a drinking man. Even if he's not, he might be doing the swap, nothing wrong with that!

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
You need more than a few drinks to work on these trucks, a boxing bag near by would be extremely effective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971