Expedition feels like new after service!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

502Expedition

Reaction score
Hi All,

As a little back story I bought my wife a 2018 expedition almost a year ago (March 2022). Shortly after that, we noticed the phase cam issue and started to see buggy little things. that prompted me to join this forum and start researching issues and resolutions. In May I called Lombardi and got an ESP Premium care package for as long as I could. I think 2026 and 140ish K. very painless process and it showed in my ford pass app if anyone cares. We have been working with our closest dealership about the cam phaser since October, they reprogrammed some modules and the truck has felt weak since then, just off.... Two weeks ago I got fed up with waiting for them and always being told it would be another month to get in for service. I called a country dealership that is about 20 mins away and they got me in last Monday with a rental waiting. here is the list of issues they addressed:
1. Check engine light for CAT:
a. Replaced bank 2 catalytic converter
2. Rattle on startup (cam phaser)
a. Replaced all 4 VCT units (tons of parts)
3. Passenger rear seat belt broken
a. replaced buckle assy.
4. Drive mode selector switch broken ( bottom half of switch fell into console)
a. Replaced drive mode switch.
5. Grinding noise at hard turn
a. Completed TSB 22-2219 vacuum caps for IWE's
6. Trunk will not open by foot or unlock from back.
a. C4332 found corrosion near pin 1. cleaned corrosion repaired connector.
7. Front USB's not charging devices only allowing media.
a. Replaced media hub.

The only other issue was the cupholders are broken, but they called me and I declined the 500.00 repair bill!

Anyway the truck feels brand new and has life again! I am very happy the warranty covered everything and I was only out the deductable.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only other issue was the cupholders are broken, but they called me and I declined the 500.00 repair bill!
This thread has a couple of different solutions to the cupholder issue. I think the fixes will hold up better than the original.

OP
OP

502Expedition

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the saga of little issues now continues! My wife reminded me that the mirror clicking is still going on so looks like it will be back to the shop for TSB SSM47713.
Also, does any one have recommendations on window vent visors? I am leaning towards weathertech but also looking at avs.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi All,

As a little back story I bought my wife a 2018 expedition almost a year ago (March 2022). Shortly after that, we noticed the phase cam issue and started to see buggy little things. that prompted me to join this forum and start researching issues and resolutions. In May I called Lombardi and got an ESP Premium care package for as long as I could. I think 2026 and 140ish K. very painless process and it showed in my ford pass app if anyone cares. We have been working with our closest dealership about the cam phaser since October, they reprogrammed some modules and the truck has felt weak since then, just off.... Two weeks ago I got fed up with waiting for them and always being told it would be another month to get in for service. I called a country dealership that is about 20 mins away and they got me in last Monday with a rental waiting. here is the list of issues they addressed:
1. Check engine light for CAT:
a. Replaced bank 2 catalytic converter
2. Rattle on startup (cam phaser)
a. Replaced all 4 VCT units (tons of parts)
3. Passenger rear seat belt broken
a. replaced buckle assy.
4. Drive mode selector switch broken ( bottom half of switch fell into console)
a. Replaced drive mode switch.
5. Grinding noise at hard turn
a. Completed TSB 22-2219 vacuum caps for IWE's
6. Trunk will not open by foot or unlock from back.
a. C4332 found corrosion near pin 1. cleaned corrosion repaired connector.
7. Front USB's not charging devices only allowing media.
a. Replaced media hub.

Anyway the truck feels brand new and has life again! I am very happy the warranty covered everything and I was only out the deductable.
Glad you were able to fix it!

sctom1

Reaction score
Well, it looks like the saga of little issues now continues! My wife reminded me that the mirror clicking is still going on so looks like it will be back to the shop for TSB SSM47713.
Also, does any one have recommendations on window vent visors? I am leaning towards weathertech but also looking at avs.
I have a 15 and a 19 Explorer. AVS vent visors on one, Ford dealer bought on the other.
I do not like the AVS as at the front bottom above the rearview mirror, they just lay on top the door frame, I have to fill that little gap with double sided exterior tape.
The ones from Ford tuck into the plastic between the mirror and door frame. So much better. If you put these on, open the window to whole way first, and start with tucking in behind the mirror, then line up the top and back end, makes it a bit easier.
See pictures, AVS then Ford
2AC02CC4-0C56-4959-AD1D-D06022FB5599.jpeg2539311D-CBEB-4DD2-A7FC-BA4838AE45D0.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357