Expedition Limited vs Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It uses a few microphones placed around the cabin to measure ambient noise (road, engine, etc) and then pipes in a counteractive noise through the speakers. I say it does that, but it's not something you can hear even if you put your ear to the speaker...so it's not like you can hear white noise through the speakers or anything. The best comparison that can be made is to noise cancelling headphones; if you've ever worn those on a plane, you don't "hear" them working, they just cancel out a lot of the background droning noise when you flip them on. This works the same way. It's ridiculously quiet in my cabin.

So it's confirmed that noise cancelling is only on Platinum level trim?

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the details of the Stealth Edition Package: (I wish it was available on the Platinum!!)

New
— Stealth Edition Package. Included in Limited 303A.
○ 22” Premium Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels with Continuous Controlled Damping (CCD)
○ Grille, Five-Bar – Gloss Black
○ Mirrors, Sideview – Gloss Black Caps
○ Roof-Rack Side-Rails – Black
○ Running Boards, Power Deployable – Gloss Black
○ Tailgate Appliqué – Gloss Black
○ Rear Bumper Skid Plate and Trailer Hitch Cover –Gloss Black
○ Door Handles – Body Color
○ Exterior Badges – EXPEDITION Lettering on Hood, Limited Tailgate Badge (Black)
○ LED Headlamps with Gloss Black Housing
○ LED Taillamp with Gloss Black Housing
○ LED Fog Lamp with Gloss Black Bezels
○ Unique Interior Stitching – Red
○ Floor Mats with Logo – Front and Second Rows

frontman94

Reaction score
i recently drove an XLT and a Platinum back to back. I didn't notice any difference in noise levels and i'm a musician/audio guy. But i wasn't aware of this feature till after i drove so i wasn't really trying to notice a difference if you know what i mean. Anyone able to say one way or the other whether they can tell a noticeable difference?

Also, is the CCD a noticeable upgrade over non-CCD version?

Regan DeMello

Reaction score
302A includes 360 camera as Optional on Limited. Leather is standard on Limited for front and 2nd row, 3rd row is pleather? CCD is optional on limited. All of this is contingent on other packages. Heavy tow will not give you the option of the 302A package, neither will the special edition package..and I don’t think you can get CCD with heavy tow either

2018 Expedition Limited
Special Edition Package
301A
Heavy tow
Cargo package

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The ccd feels a lot different, its a lot softer and more isolated. Most people rele only feel the difference in bumps.

You can get the hd tow otion in models with ccd, they are options on 302 and plat models as well.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
302A includes 360 camera as Optional on Limited. Leather is standard on Limited for front and 2nd row, 3rd row is pleather? CCD is optional on limited. All of this is contingent on other packages. Heavy tow will not give you the option of the 302A package, neither will the special edition package..and I don’t think you can get CCD with heavy tow either
The only way to get CCD on the Limited is via the 302A package. You can also definitely get the HD Tow package with 302A. Special Edition package includes HD Tow package, so I'm not sure what you are saying exactly.

MonkeyBrains

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Limited Max has 302A equipment group and Heavy Duty Tow option. The only way to get CCD suspension on the Limited is with the 302A options group. You can get the 22” wheels as a separate option with the standard suspension if you want.

The Special Edition package is a good bang for your buck option. It gets you LED headlights, HD Tow and cargo package at a better price, but no CCD and no 360 camera. The HD Tow package is the only way to get the heavy duty radiator and full tow capacity. The trailer backup assistant is also part of the package and only comes in the package.

Mine is a Limited Max in Ingot Silver with Ebony interior. Options/upgrades are: 302A Equipment Group, Heavy Duty Tow package, 2nd row bucket seats, cargo package, reversible rear cargo mat.

So that gets me the upgraded sound system, leather seats, LED headlights and in-cabin LED lighting with color options, all the navigation, CarPlay, 360 camera, CCD suspension w/22” wheels, and the list goes on. The 3rd row has the same leather on the main seating surfaces, but lots of vinyl/pleather. And they don’t give you 3rd row floor mats and the seatbelt design for the middle seat in the 3rd row is a total joke with the shoulder harness coming down from the ceiling. I think Ford did great with the 4th gen update of the Expy, but they should have spent just a bit more time polishing up the 3rd row area. Not a big deal for people who rarely use it and keep them folded most of the time. Which we do about half the time, but the other half we’re hauling a car full of people and it just seems odd to to spend $80K on a vehicle to have “the cheap seats in the back”.