Expedition Max XL Fleet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my 2018 brand new for almost $20K off the list price. The used ones were within a couple thousand dollars and had 30,000 miles on them. I'll take the new one over the used one in that scenario everyday. Once the used depreciate a bit farther, then they get far more appealing to me! my opinion.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
LOL! How many people do you know with crazy big money? It can’t be many.
What he said. All the folks I know with 9 figure net worths (I work in the oil industry) exclusively buy new cars. If you have crazy big money, you didn't make it by saving 25% on a car purchase every 5 years. Maybe if you have a net worth of $500k you got that way doing stuff like that, but $500k is not big money, crazy or otherwise.

grumpyoleman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looked at a used '18 limited (reg length) with 32k miles ... booked out at 53.5k (according to bank) asking was 54k

Bought a Brand new '18 loaded Max XLT with 202a ... only real difference was stationary running boards and panoramic sunroof. Sticker was 67k - Paid 55k

Depreciation is a funny thing ... doesn't always work out they way you would think. It really depends on the market and whether you are selling or buying. I normally look for used, but keep an eye on new, you might get a "Bigger Better Deal" (thank you Dave Ramsey).

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
People with so called crazy big money, were talking 50 to 100,000,000, buy totally restored collector cars. Watch an episode of Barrett Jackson auction some time. Those cars go up in value, not down like ours.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

mikeyanxu

Reaction score
Here is my take on this.
I really thought about the very lightly used 2018 MAX XL with couple of hundred miles on.
I found one with max tow, the color I want, only 650 miles on the ODO for $36K within 500 miles from me.
I called and found out no 3rd row seats and no seat belts, etc.
So thought really hard and did some quick numbers if I install those myself. The seat belt will be couple of hundred bucks each cause they will have the explosive charge in it to lock up the moment the impact happens. I will need the power 3rd row seats, switches and all the trim panels. They won't be too cheap.
Then, I found a new 2019 MAX XLT for $51K and I bought it. The expy for our family is used by my wife and it is an upgrade form the mini-van. We need the 3rd row now, not after I finish the conversion next year.
So it really depends on your needs.
With that said, I am also looking for a F150 for myself. Now, the lightly used 5 seats max XL actually really fit what I need... So instead of buying a F150 and paying extra for a shell, a 5 seat expy wiht max tow really fits my application.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here is my take on this.
I really thought about the very lightly used 2018 MAX XL with couple of hundred miles on.
I found one with max tow, the color I want, only 650 miles on the ODO for $36K within 500 miles from me.
I called and found out no 3rd row seats and no seat belts, etc.
So thought really hard and did some quick numbers if I install those myself. The seat belt will be couple of hundred bucks each cause they will have the explosive charge in it to lock up the moment the impact happens. I will need the power 3rd row seats, switches and all the trim panels. They won't be too cheap.
Then, I found a new 2019 MAX XLT for $51K and I bought it. The expy for our family is used by my wife and it is an upgrade form the mini-van. We need the 3rd row now, not after I finish the conversion next year.
So it really depends on your needs.
With that said, I am also looking for a F150 for myself. Now, the lightly used 5 seats max XL actually really fit what I need... So instead of buying a F150 and paying extra for a shell, a 5 seat expy wiht max tow really fits my application.

You are correct. It depends on your needs. My 3rd row seats have been folded down for the entire time I've owned mine. It's a big truck with a permanent cap. My dogs love it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni