Expedition Max XL Fleet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1GR8DA

Reaction score
The 18 max XL units are left over from special use vehicles that weren't picked up. Basically police and government vehicles meant to be upfitted that were never sold. They are farmed to the dealers for a song. The dealer "punches" the truck as sold and then is obligated to hold the unit for x months. They can then sell the truck as used. We have an 18 XL and it's exactly what we were looking for.

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 18 max XL units are left over from special use vehicles that weren't picked up. Basically police and government vehicles meant to be upfitted that were never sold. They are farmed to the dealers for a song. The dealer "punches" the truck as sold and then is obligated to hold the unit for x months. They can then sell the truck as used. We have an 18 XL and it's exactly what we were looking for.

Quick question. Does the XL come with the small mirror in the upper left corner of the regular side mirror to check your blind spot? I don't think the XL has the blind spot monitoring system.

I rented a 19 limited and when I looked over my left should to clear the blind spot I couldn't see past the pillar and had to depend on the blind spot monitoring (which I hate to do as I've done the look back method for over 3 decades especially on my motorcycle).

Anyway my 17 XLT is easy to look back and see the blindspot but also has the small mirror which works surprisingly well. The tiny mirror is also useful when pulling forward into a parking spot to see where the white line is behind the truck instead of putting it in revers to activate the camera to see if the rear is over the line. LOL

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Quick question. Does the XL come with the small mirror in the upper left corner of the regular side mirror to check your blind spot? I don't think the XL has the blind spot monitoring system.

Yes, there is a small convex mirror present in both side view mirrors, in the upper outside corner.

Although both XL mirrors are 4-way power adjustable and have a built in puddle lamps, they don't have the 3-driver memory feature and you are correct, no BLIS either.

I believe they are also heated.

Ilka Wagner

Reaction score
That is decent. My only question is who leases these for a year and only puts 1,000 miles on them? There are quite a few of these out there.

I was wondering the same. My husband was thinking it was likely a large company that bought several of these, didn't use them all as expected and sent the others to auction. Who knows. I have put about 4000 miles on it so far, towed a 31' TT with it (it did awesome!) and have,knock on wood, not had any issues. I hate the automatic shut off at a stop so I disable that as soon as I get in the vehicle. It is perfect for our needs and I am so pleased with it!

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Can you post some interior pics? Wondering what the 4th Gen XL's are equipped like

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score