Expedition merging on highway falls on its face and there's no power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also check for a recall. On the 2013's we had a recall for the transmission they had to reprogram it, it takes about an hour. It's some sensor in the transmission it throws the tranny into 1rst. Mine was doing this and the wrench would come on and acceleration was slow.
Thank you. I will check for that.

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The failure of the TB is isnt' the butterfly (the only moving part on a TB). Its almost always the TPS (throttle body position sensor). They're like $40 and 2 screws. (Be warned, you must heat the screws before loosening them. They are notorious for head snapping).

Jon1985

Reaction score
That kinda happened to me with mine but mine it wasn’t The body throttle the computer Module in the transmission stopped Communicating with the rest of the high-speed network inside the vehicle and stopped Talking to the other modules . Wrench light came on and had no power transmission wouldn’t even shift. I got to a convenience store turn it off then back on it went away got home after that it wouldn’t even start the anti theft was was freaking out and everything even it drained the battery it was throwing PCM not communicating codes had it tow to my ford dealership that’s how I found everything out .

OP
OP
Captain Kirk

Captain Kirk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The failure of the TB is isnt' the butterfly (the only moving part on a TB). Its almost always the TPS (throttle body position sensor). They're like $40 and 2 screws. (Be warned, you must heat the screws before loosening them. They are notorious for head snapping).

I looked in to saving my old one for when I get rid of this one in 2 years. Changing the TPS on the 2017 isn't possible. Its all one unit.