expedition squeaking/creaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to go with Stamps suggestion of upper/lower control arm bushings. Try spraying the bushings with silicone spray. Also try the puncture of ball joints with grease needle and see if that helps. Bottom line is something is rubbing metal on metal, causing the squeak. Older Chevy pickup trucks from 60's and 70's were famous for that creaking sound!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

98eb5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just going over the works myself after powerwashing the undersides & ending up with a few squeak/creaks...

another place is the back end area of the torsion bars

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have torsion bar front suspension... They squeak easy. Go under your SUV with a can of WD40 or PB blaster Lithium and your safety glasses and spray every pivot point... It will stop but you have to do it every 6 months or so. That is if some of the zerk fittings don't let grease through... Try greasing it first.

jtoro

Reaction score
Could also be your stabilizer/sway bar links. My 01 EB started sounding like a squeeky mouse. Replaced the links, which have bushings that go bad, and the squeek is gone. $25 parts....

Punisher

Reaction score
Had a creaking like in the original poster's video on a 87 full size bronco and it turned out to be one of my front shocks was seizing up. New shocks fixed the problem.