Expediton Vs. 23 Yukon Denali Ultimate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn't justify paying $20K more for the Wagoneer. Liked the way the interior looks, but the rear quarter of the Wagoneer looks weird to me and only marginally looks good in dark colors. The usability of the third row and the ample room in the Max at the price point was good for us. The Wagoneer has even more room inside, but wasn't worth it to me.
This is my take on the Wagoneer as well.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wagoneers do drive pretty nice though, probably the best balanced big suv as far as driving dynamics.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the new Grand Wagoneer will have the Hurricane I-6 much like the Charger and Challenger muscle cars.

Last edited:

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn't justify paying $20K more for the Wagoneer. Liked the way the interior looks, but the rear quarter of the Wagoneer looks weird to me and only marginally looks good in dark colors. The usability of the third row and the ample room in the Max at the price point was good for us. The Wagoneer has even more room inside, but wasn't worth it to me.
I have to agree with you, 20K more for the Grand Wagoneer despite all the (novel for large suv's) additional features is not making sense me either. Given the market now and the changes to electric or hybrid even getting closer each model year. Maybe I should buy mine off lease and an extended warranty.

mwar99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have to agree with you, 20K more for the Grand Wagoneer despite all the (novel for large suv's) additional features is not making sense me either. Given the market now and the changes to electric or hybrid even getting closer each model year. Maybe I should buy mine off lease and an extended warranty.
It was the same for me for the Navigator and Escalade. I know lots of reviews say if you are looking at 85-90k for an Expedition you should also look at the Navigator, but to get what I would want on that it was an additional $20k, didn't make sense. We really like the Limited SPP we bought. It's got more than we need and while we haven't had it that long it's been great so far.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife and I were kind of the opposite. We tested a nav and then a plat expy. We were initially looking to see if the nav was worth the extra money. We went away feeling the nav was the better buy for the money. It's true, to get the extra goodies like bluecruise(which is now standard on standard trim for my23), massage seats(fantastic), heads up display and 29 speaker revel(fantastic), you had to spend an extra 10k, but to get the nav outfitted like an expy, its actually cheaper than all the premium expy trims starting and you get more stuff in the nav. The spp (and kr) expys are even more expensive then the platinum, just for the power upgrade and nothing else. Our problem was we couldn't find a standard new nav, which was less than all the expy plats we found, and even then, lincoln wanted no words on discounted prices. The standard nav is only giving up the massage seats to the expy plat, but for late 22, ford wasn't selling any plats with the feature. Nav comes with more standard features and upgrades out the box. Expy mainly has a cheaper stereo upgrade, but to be honest, to our ears, we both thought the 14 speaker revel is better than the 22 speaker b&o, which was important to us. You also get cooled second row seats and the 13in screen interface is better than the 15in interface in the expy. The ride in the nav is a bit better too. Lastly, the interior material quality blows the expy away. The build quality is really good, but my wife's biggest disappoinment with the 22 expy, she felt our 18 expy had a better feeling interior and the main reason for wanting the nav. However, if you want the lwb version or tow, the above doesn't apply, which we didn't need either. I also realize that for my23, lincoln jacked up all the pkg and std pricing for nav, I'm talking specifically for my22s.

I would've liked to get a 22 nav, hell a 22 expy, but we rele do love our 20 nav, esp now during this trip. I love(and missed) how quick the navs ride quality puts my passengers to sleep. The expy wasn't so cosseting in the ride department.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You know, it's weird. GMC can put the biggest, chrome grille on their trucks and suvs, and journalists eat it up. But if ford or any other company does, it's gaudy and "too much". Too each his own.

Speaking of, my parents had came to our home before I deployed last week. They brought the caddy. Not much if my opinion changed. Since the caddy is newer platform, it quieter and more solid, less shaky. Seats are still firmer, but more accommodating for all sizes and shapes. Feels wider too. I like it, but can't afford it, even used.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My parents have a new denali and we have a 2022 expedition max limited stealth. I'll admit I kind of like the exterior on the denali a bit more, but there were a few things that pushed us to the expedition:
1) Rear seating - middle bucket seats move around a bit better for getting into the rear seats and the rear seats are more comfortable in our opinion (electronic reclining, a bit more roomy)
2) Transmission shift - personally I do not like the push button gear shifting in the yukon denali, I much prefer the rotating knob in the expedition
3) Screens - both are nice, but I really like the 15" sync 4a screen/infotainment setup in the expedition. A bit nicer overall to me

All of that said, I can't see being disappointed either way!
Which did you was easier and more comfy to ride in?