Expy Build - Heading to Mexico

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
Last minute touch was to paint tow hooks red. Quickly put it together.IMG_2994.JPG IMG_2996.JPG IMG_2999.JPG

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Looks good, and thank you for the great photos! Three more things to check on the 19 year oldtimer:

The end of the spare tire lift cable frays and drops your spare tire in the fast lane.
Transmission cooling line rust on the bends behind the radiator support and leak.
...as do rear brake line above the back of the tank.

Just take a look in these spots. May be road salt stuff, but this has been my experience with the 2000.

Check your new community's culture on "petty theft". When I was there, you had to keep your wiper blades in the glove box and pop-rivet your emblems to the body or they'd be gone the first night. Even my bumper bolts had to be welded.

OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
Thx, will double check those.

Funny you mention that, not sure exactly where we will settle yet but I have certainly been asking about such things. My biggest concern was the roof basket, but hadnt thought about those smaller itemso_O

OP
OP
M

MX EXPY

Reaction score
Hey all
Been awhile, nut finally brought the truck over to MX. Awesome trip, extremely beautiful. Truck was very impressive, handled everything I through at it.IMG_20190226_075721.jpg IMG-20190226-WA0004.jpg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My thoughts too. They love these big monsters down there. Even with gas at $6.00 per gallon. Glad you and the truck are Ok.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Jonnyrocket

Reaction score
Great pics, how about hosting an Expy convention near those palm trees! My son and I had an awesome trip to Oaxaca a while back then rented a VW and drove over the mountains to Puerto Angel. Loaded buses were passing us on blind curves going uphill. Wowsa.