Expy Platinum Max - what skid plates to get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
RCI. They are the best option out there in my opinion.

RacerBX1

Reaction score
I agree with LokiWolf for the full kit RCI is your best bet. The link you added is just for the Transmission and does not cover the engine, gas tank or transfer case. You could use that and gas tank and transfer case skid plates from the Timberline, but you can’t use the engine cover without replacing the front facia.

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have to remove both plates to do an oil change? The website says it’s only two screws to change out the filter but what about to get to the oil plug?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have to remove both plates to do an oil change? The website says it’s only two screws to change out the filter but what about to get to the oil plug?
My dealer hasn't complained. I assume they are just opening the small access panel. Pretty sure they would have spoken up if they had to remove the whole plate.

eugene11

Reaction score
My dealer hasn't complained. I assume they are just opening the small access panel. Pretty sure they would have spoken up if they had to remove the whole plate.
Good for you! My dealer at quicklane said it was pain is the *ss to get the oil changed and they ended removing and reinstalling rci plates. I have cat flaps attached to tranny plate so that one is heavy, some free weight lift for a mechanic

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good for you! My dealer at quicklane said it was pain is the *ss to get the oil changed and they ended removing and reinstalling rci plates. I have cat flaps attached to tranny plate so that one is heavy, some free weight lift for a mechanic
Then they are morons! I double checked with mine when I had it in last week for an oil change. They did it via the small access panel with no issue.

My 21 F150 PowerBoost has them too, and not a squeak from the dealer.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire