EXPY Tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A good read here
Note they state they are 50 state legal
That smoke from a diesel is wasted fuel which leads to unnecessary EGT temps
http://www.hypertech-inc.com/Articles/2018HypertechCatalog.pdf
Information from a thriving professional company
worked with them in the 80's & provided them with higher flow disc injectors for their grand national tuners
I am sure that Blackscreen will find something he thinks is wrong & go on a tirade :(
But I think the rest of us will find it informative:33:

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get your head out of the clouds and step off your pedestal Nancy.

Last time I checked your contribution has been.......

Next time speak when spoken to, apparently you were never taught that.

Here's food for thought, I've probably forgotten more about tuning than you have ever learned Schmitty. Ive seen more than my fair share of people grenade their shit by taking bad advice.

I only make a living doing this shit lol.
Your comments only prove my point... Enjoy

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
A good read here
Note they state they are 50 state legal
That smoke from a diesel is wasted fuel which leads to unnecessary EGT temps
http://www.hypertech-inc.com/Articles/2018HypertechCatalog.pdf
Information from a thriving professional company
worked with them in the 80's & provided them with higher flow disc injectors for their grand national tuners
I am sure that Blackscreen will find something he thinks is wrong & go on a tirade :(
But I think the rest of us will find it informative:33:

Smoke cools egts and creates turbo lag due to snuffing out the heat and slowing the turbine.

Is it wasted fuel sure, is there a delicate line between underfueled vs. Over fueled sure. Traditionally speaking excess fuel creates extreme drive and cylinder pressures.

I know plenty of people running 1400+ horsepower daily drivers that can tow a 30ft trailer through the mountains, run a few times down the strip, and then pack up shop and take it on home. If it's tuned right it's not a concern. Then again hypertech, sct, amd bullydog are subpar tuners for diesels.

The best in the biz are from Australia.

If you want to debate diesel you better buckle up.

Volkswagen and Audi TDi's are 50 state legal too technically....

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Blackscreen we understand you are a self professed diesel tuning expert
That you are a legend in your own mind
So why do you persist in slamming those of us who are not the least bit interested in Diesels
Have no interest in debating diesel tuning
Have no interest in towing a 30 ft trailer with a super duty diesel
But if you persist in slamming eco boost tuning you better buckle up as well
I spent my whole career working with spark ignited engines & I am not about to back down when it comes to eco boost engines
for instance when you state the PCM defuels the eco boost engines, that is technically incorrect
The PCM uses input from several sensors some of which are the map, boost pressure sensor, IAT, ECT, Throttle angle sensor etc.
It may choose to reduce throttle opening & electronic wastegate position to control an overboost condition
That in & of itself reduces boost pressure & consequently reduces injector pulse width
It is correct for diesels which are unthrottled fuel controlled compression ignition engines

BTW we worked with Cummins to offer COP's & other sensors for the engines they have converted to natural gas operation in the states where it is required
Also worked with Waukesha providing sensors & linear o2's for their boosted stationary engines for natural gas
https://www.ge.com/power/gas/reciprocating-engines/waukesha/275glplus

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
OK Blackscreen we understand you are a self professed diesel tuning expert
That you are a legend in your own mind
So why do you persist in slamming those of us who are not the least bit interested in Diesels
Have no interest in debating diesel tuning
Have no interest in towing a 30 ft trailer with a super duty diesel
But if you persist in slamming eco boost tuning you better buckle up as well
I spent my whole career working with spark ignited engines & I am not about to back down when it comes to eco boost engines
for instance when you state the PCM defuels the eco boost engines, that is technically incorrect
The PCM uses input from several sensors some of which are the map, boost pressure sensor, IAT, ECT, Throttle angle sensor etc.
It may choose to reduce throttle opening & electronic wastegate position to control an overboost condition
That in & of itself reduces boost pressure & consequently reduces injector pulse width
It is correct for diesels which are unthrottled fuel controlled compression ignition engines

BTW we worked with Cummins to offer COP's & other sensors for the engines they have converted to natural gas operation in the states where it is required
Also worked with Waukesha providing sensors & linear o2's for their boosted stationary engines for natural gas
https://www.ge.com/power/gas/reciprocating-engines/waukesha/275glplus

Dude you just made an inaccurate statement on black smoke in diesels. Why is it you're not willimg to look at what you say. I wouldn't be talking about diesel if you wouldn't have talked sideways to something Uturn said.

Guy damn right the factory tuning defuels itself from first gear under WOT.

It's called torque management. It's designed to protect the low gears. I'm not going to it with you.
The 10R80 in the F150 and expedition uses the weakest internals of any vehicle running the 10r80. This includes GM products.

Again, there's the"I'm an engineer".....

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dude you just made an inaccurate statement on black smoke in diesels. Why is it you're not willimg to look at what you say. I wouldn't be talking about diesel if you wouldn't have talked sideways to something Uturn said.

It's called torque management. It's designed to protect the low gears. I'm not going to it with you.
The 10R80 in the F150 and expedition uses the weakest internals of any vehicle running the 10r80. This includes GM products.

They do not defuel the engine without first closing the throttle & modifying the wastegate opening.
That is done along with reducing injector pulsewidth
But the pcm does this (reduced injector pulsewidgth) because of the reduced boost pressure & reduced airflow
That is not defueling
It is torque management but not as you describe it
You may be a diesel expert but the same analogy does not apply to spark ignited throttled engines
Sorry you are wrong

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score

BTW the fact that I spent my career working as a fuel systems engineer does not make me stupid
Quit implying that I am DAMN IT!!!!!
Remember you are not the only person on this earth with a brain
Why are you so arrogant & what joy do you derive form being that way

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
They do not defuel the engine without first closing the throttle & modifying the wastegate opening.
That is done along with reducing injector pulsewidth
But the pcm does this (reduced injector pulsewidgth) because of the reduced boost pressure & reduced airflow
That is not defueling
It is torque management but not as you describe it
You may be a diesel expert but the same analogy does not apply to spark ignited throttled engines
Sorry you are wrong
Holy shit..... wow! Ok!

How's that ocean front property out there? I mean clearly there's gotta be some out in your parts. After ll things that are a reality must really be make believe.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
BTW the fact that I spent my career working as a fuel systems engineer does not make me stupid
Quit implying that I am DAMN IT!!!!!
Remember you are not the only person on this earth with a brain
Why are you so arrogant & what joy do you derive form being that way

Guy, you said Teslas are carbon neutral. That said it all. Interpret as you must, that' on you.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Guy, you said Teslas are carbon neutral. That said it all. Interpret as you must, that' on you.

Sorry never said TESLA's are carbon neutral & do not believe they are
Their batteries have to be charged by electricity produced with fossil fuel, nuclear, hydro, wind, solar etc
Note if all that electricity came from Nuclear, wind, hydro or solar that would be carbon neutral as well
Why don't you read the link where a tuner actually presented a very detailed account of what he was able to accomplish
Shows the throttle closed partially even though the accelerator pedal is on the floor
That is true torque management for spark ignited engines & it is not defueling
https://www.f150ecoboost.net/forum/...ance/74060-boostking-s-oem-turbo-project.html

Oh & why don't you quit being such a jerk to everyone else who is on this thread
serves no purpose that I can see except maybe it bolster your ego
Think everyone else on this thread would prefer you just went away