EXPY Tunes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Thanks
just supports what I have been saying all along
THey are closing the throttle even though the accelerator pedal is on the floor for "TORQUE MANAGEMENT"
Just what I have been refering to

Have a good evening all

*****! Dude you pat yourself on the back like a pro. It's an engineer thing I guess. The point was the defuel is widely known about and you stated there was no such thing taking place.

The whole time I never said you were wrong regarding need for sensors to talk.

The tuning of defueling parameters is known as torque management when at WOT. The stock tuning at WOT from first delays power off idle.

Your 5* tune shuts it off completely.

Now back to 5*. With the stock internals of the F150 and expy only being rated by for for 570ftlbs, what is they projected trans life expectancy with the added power. Sure the tweak shift points, that won't change the torque rating. Shafts start breaking and gears start slipping.

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Defueling is a misnomer
No calibrator in their right mind would reduce amount of fuel without reducing the amount of boost & throttle opening at the same time (along with several other parameters)
So therefore I do not know who coined the term "DEFUELING"
It is a misnomer when it comes to spark ignited engines

Well I now have 2 vehicles with the 10 spd
Both have been recalibrated
Not the least bit worried about the transmission
The EXPY with the the 5 star the F150 with Hypertech
The previous 4 vehicles I have owned
2011 F150 3.5L (USED SCT)
2013 Ford Flex 3.5L Eco Boost (Used Livernois)
2013 Ford Taurus SHO with PP (Used Livernois)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport (Used Livernois)

Never had an issue with any of them
Did not drag race with them
Used the 2011 F150 to tow a very heavy tandem axle trailer
Typically weighed about 12k lbs
Made several trips between our home in Iowa & Home in Arizona
do not remember the torque ratings on the 6 speed trans in it
But it would easily pull the trailer & did not even go WOT to pull it through the mountains
I merely enjoyed the vastly improved throttle response & overall improvement in driveability
So again i am not the least bit worried about durability

Not sure why you are so negative about eco boost vehicles
Apparently you think only diesels are suitable for vehicles
while I think Diesels have they place for HD applications, I am not interested in Diesels for my needs

OP
OP
M

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey Mike.....how did you like Livernois for your earlier 3.5(s)? Both their tune and dealing with them??

jeff

Had nothing but good things to say about Livernois
Calibrations always worked very well
Did not need to contact them very much
Just asked a few questions about using the 3 bar map on my Taurus, Flex & Explorer
Had upgraded software to work with 3 bar map ready for download within one day of my request
Could recommend them based on my experience
Have you had a less favorable experience with them?

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for your candid opinion. I have not personally dealt with them but am very aware of their stellar reputation, that's why I asked. I wanted to ask someone whose opinion I respected, their opinion of them.

I've tuned my car years ago to new parameters when I oversized the crank sheave to speed up the supercharger when it was a matter of "your guy" being on the phone with Mercedes guy in Germany(doing it on the side), telling him the mods, translating then d/l'ing it to his laptop and loading it up. I didn't know how it was to deal with a large firm who does mass tunes.

Thanks,

jeff

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
Defueling is a misnomer
No calibrator in their right mind would reduce amount of fuel without reducing the amount of boost & throttle opening at the same time (along with several other parameters)
So therefore I do not know who coined the term "DEFUELING"
It is a misnomer when it comes to spark ignited engines

Well I now have 2 vehicles with the 10 spd
Both have been recalibrated
Not the least bit worried about the transmission
The EXPY with the the 5 star the F150 with Hypertech
The previous 4 vehicles I have owned
2011 F150 3.5L (USED SCT)
2013 Ford Flex 3.5L Eco Boost (Used Livernois)
2013 Ford Taurus SHO with PP (Used Livernois)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport (Used Livernois)

Never had an issue with any of them
Did not drag race with them
Used the 2011 F150 to tow a very heavy tandem axle trailer
Typically weighed about 12k lbs
Made several trips between our home in Iowa & Home in Arizona
do not remember the torque ratings on the 6 speed trans in it
But it would easily pull the trailer & did not even go WOT to pull it through the mountains
I merely enjoyed the vastly improved throttle response & overall improvement in driveability
So again i am not the least bit worried about durability

Not sure why you are so negative about eco boost vehicles
Apparently you think only diesels are suitable for vehicles
while I think Diesels have they place for HD applications, I am not interested in Diesels for my needs

You can call it mashed potatoes if you please. The reality is when you cut throttle and air you're "defueling" as there's less fuel commanded, yet the engine still will continue to climb in rpm.

This is built into the tuning as a failsafe measure to limit down low torque input, specifically 1st and 2nd being most notable.

Not sure where you get the notion that I bashed ecoboost motors as that never was done. There you go again though bringing up diesel and nobody is even talking about them.

If we were truly honest, you're just hypersensitive to the fact I pointed out your infatuation with the phrase "I'm an engineer". All your attempt to bicker started after I playfully highlighted that little fact.

Last edited:

Blackscreen67

Born to spool
Reaction score
OMG please stop!!!!!

Yes, please have Wolfe understand he needs to stop thinking he knows half of what he thinks he does all because he plugs in a preprogrammed cookie cutter tune from XYZ manufacturer.

He might actually understand if he wasn't so focused on typing..... "I'm an engineer".

I for sure won't just watch someone cast idiotic shade based on warrantless ignorance towards the knowledge and experiences of other. Not to mention the continued obliviousness of documented limitation Ford themselves have acknowledged.

I'm feeling feisty this am!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graphite-INDITE