Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll be taking delivery this month of a '18 Expedition. I'm looking at a lease, 15k miles/year for 39 months. Seems like the sweet spot. However, the factory warranty runs out at 36k miles, and I'll probably run the car into the 45k mile range.

I know that extended warranties are a source of much revenue to dealerships, so I wanted to educate myself before taking delivery. Does Ford offer any extended warranties/lease-end warranties directly? I know third party warranties are a hit or miss thing.

Any info that you're willing to share would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiledhappywife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have found one of the best places for extended service warranties is Flood Ford in RI. You do not have to purchase a Ford ESP at the time of sale. You have 3/36 whichever comes first to purchase it. There are different levels to the ESP. I personally prefer the Premium Care. At the time you buy your Expedition, pull up Flood Ford and show your Finance Manager the pricing and make them match the cost. They may not be able to match the price and tell you something to attempt to influence you into purchasing it at that time. It is completely up to you. There may be some region specific pricing, but Flood Ford ESP seems to have the easiest way to buy a warranty. It is valid at ANY Ford/Lincoln dealership in the US. In the years we have purchased warranties we have never had any issues.

Our 2014 Ford Explorer Sport warranty was purchased through Flood Ford, after I sold the vehicle, I transferred that warranty at a local Lincoln dealer without any issues.

Hope this helps!

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are people getting for warranty on the new MY18 Expy?
We are looking at 7 yr, 125K miles for about $2400 w/ $0 deductible Through Flood Ford.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not stoked that even the top level warranty excludes shocks from coverage. Hopefully the CCD is more durable than GM's version.....

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my extended warranty thru USAA. Being a low mileage owner, I have the 5-year 60K mile plan which exactly matches the Ford extended warranty for only about $600.00

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought my extended warranty thru USAA. Being a low mileage owner, I have the 5-year 60K mile plan which exactly matches the Ford extended warranty for only about $600.00
I am a USAA member but had no idea they offered extended warranty. Do you have to buy it at the time of purchase of the vehicle?

Rotorhead451

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, you can buy it at any time and any mileage. They will tweak the additional cost for you. The first few months of ownership should only cost a few dollars more

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are people getting for warranty on the new MY18 Expy?
We are looking at 7 yr, 125K miles for about $2400 w/ $0 deductible Through Flood Ford.
I went back and looked it up. I bought the 8 year, 100k mile premiumcare warranty with $100 deductible. Paid $1600.