Extended Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That seems like a great price!

@Yukon Joe
Eh, it's a little higher than Flood, but close enough.

The trick to saving on these by using a Flood quote is (in my opinion) based on the fact that Flood doesn't initially quote you based on your trim level. They give you an initial quote then you plug in your VIN and get an adjusted quote down the road before you pay. But your dealer is going to give you a trim-specific quote up front. Essentially you try to get your dealer to match Flood's initial quote.

So when I bought my platinum, the dealer quoted me something like $3400, but I told him I had a quote from Flood for $1600ish. Granted, the dealer's quote was for a platinum max (and all the myriad systems that will inevitably break over the next 8 years) and Floods was just for "an Expedition". But the dealer didn't ask any questions and immediately agreed to match the price.

Randy Schmidt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just purchased an extended warranty policy through USAA for 60 months/100k miles for $960.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not stoked that even the top level warranty excludes shocks from coverage. Hopefully the CCD is more durable than GM's version.....
Are you sure shocks aren’t covered? I got the extended from Lincoln and it covers them (struts).

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Another place to compare prices is Lombard Ford on-line. They're about the lowest priced Internet Ford Exp dealer and will insure a 2010 with 98,000 miles. Look up their price and use it to bargain with the dealers.

I do believe the Ford Exp warranties with full coverage cover struts.

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My bad, I hadn't done enough research. I had found this page https://www.lombardfordwarrantys.com/premiumcare.cfm which says this under "What's not covered by Ford ESP PremiumCare":
Service adjustments and cleaning, software upgrades, fixed (non-moving) body parts, batteries of all types and cables, belts, hoses, hose clamps, brakes (front hub, drums, shoes, linings, disc rotors, pads), manual transmission clutch disc, coolant, exhaust system (including catalytic converter), filters, fluids, lubricants, lights (bulbs, sealed beam, lenses), spark plugs, spark plug wires, squeaks and rattles, tires, tune-ups, wheel balancing, wheel alignment, LED lights, shock absorbers and compressed natural gas/liquid propane fuel system conversion components.

Edit: well, are the CCD struts considered "MacPherson struts"?

Last edited:

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah that’s the same thing I saw. I just figured it had struts on all four corners but I just looked at the Ford parts site for the navi and see struts for front and shocks and springs for rear on both CCD and regular suspension. The entire rear shock assembly is $487 for CCD and $108 for standard. Here’s the link to confirm as I read through pretty swiftly:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/suspension/ride-control/100/1#list

All also add that when we got our extended warranty and maintenance plans he specifically said shocks were covered.... I need to get the brochure with the 1000+ covered parts listed and double check.

Dodie

Reaction score
I purchased from Anderson & Koch ford. $1180 for$200 deductible 8 yr 100k.
They were very helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971