Extensive A/C leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftp19601960

Reaction score
I've got substantial A/C leak. The truck is pretty new. After re-charge A/C is operational probably just for 3-4 weeks. I wonder if this is a common for 3rd gen and what typical places it can be at.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you recharged it, did the freon also contain a UV dye? Or next time you recharge it use one with a UV dye in it that you can inspect with a UV Flashlight. The leak will stand out pretty clearly.

This is a great little UV flashlight : UV Flashlight on Amazon

Motorcity muscle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Seem to remember a previous post about a/c leak problem area where the rear a/c lines rub and cause a leak. May or not be your problem but easy to check. Could do a search on this site, was a somewhat common problem with certain years.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got substantial A/C leak. The truck is pretty new. After re-charge A/C is operational probably just for 3-4 weeks. I wonder if this is a common for 3rd gen and what typical places it can be
3 or 4 weeks is not acceptable at all. You need to add a small can of UV dye and check it with the light. Typical place are at fittings, around the condenser, and at the Schrader valves but the way it is leaking you won't need any obvious places to look, just make sure you check the whole system all the way to the back and you will find the leak.

OP
OP
F

ftp19601960

Reaction score
It was lower right corner (front view) and it looked like a cracked welded joint to a vertical tube.