F-150 suspension fit ?'s!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mykdee

Reaction score
OK, I have a 2004 Expedition and would like more travel for offroad! There are obviously not many options for us but....

I want to know if 2004+ F-15- upper control arms fit?
Also do the front coilovers bolt up/fit?

I know it has somewhat been asked before, but no one has definitely said YES or NO!

Thanks.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Best bet is to go Rock Auto and search for a replacement control arm. Then click on either the INFO button or the part number.... one of them will bring up a list of all the other vehicles that it also fits.

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mykdee
I just put out a similar question, not having seen yours.
I found some info, which is in my thread linked below. In short, it looks like the Bilsteins will bolt on, but I have not heard from anyone who actually did it. And I do not know if F150 parts would work well even if they could be bolted up.
Since I put out my thread, I found some coil spring data for the Exp and F150. In short, the F150 coils have the same spring rate but are slightly taller than the Exp before being installed. They have a shorter height after install, presumably because they are installed w more preload. Probably means F150 springs end up being stiffer than the Exp. It also looks like the Exp coils could be installed on the F150 Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks. Again, don't know how well it would actually perform.
I am going to put 275/70/17s BGFs on my Exp soon. If I need to lift it a little to make room for the larger tires, I am going to try the Bilstein 5100 w Exp coils. If that sucks, I will buy F150 springs and hope they work.
https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...or-6112-products-on-my-2004-expedition.46485/

bryan

Reaction score
An f150s suspension is about 1/2 an inch taller, so just factor that in, but basically everything in the front is interchangable. I'm running 5100s from an f150 in my Navi.