Factory subwoofer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another vote for "I like my sony system". I have a 2015 EL Limited and love my sound system. Bass thumps plenty and though I can't quite decide between the "stereo" setting or the "surround" DSP setting, I'm enjoying my sound system. If you have an EL, just pop the rear-most plastic tray atop the rear wheel well and you'll have a nice view of everything in there. Lots of storage in there too for small soft items. I have tow straps and other a sundry items stuffed carefully in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Captain Kirk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I might have to get in and check out the subwoofer in the back of my EL. I might have to add a little bit of polyfill to get more depth.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might have to get in and check out the subwoofer in the back of my EL. I might have to add a little bit of polyfill to get more depth.
Welcome to the Forum Captain Kirk.

Yesterday, I was listening to Hotel California and I turned up the volume. The base was thumping so loud that I felt like Don Henley was in the backseat kicking the bass drum. It was pretty awesome. I love the factory system.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Captain Kirk.

Yesterday, I was listening to Hotel California and I turned up the volume. The base was thumping so loud that I felt like Don Henley was in the backseat kicking the bass drum. It was pretty awesome. I love the factory system.
mine to, i was listening to low rider and then funky town on my way to lowes, it was throw back day

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2016 EL limited with the subwoofer. If I wanted to remove it do I have to do anything special to keep my sound system working?
Not if you only remove the subwoofer. The housing also holds the DSP and amplifier, which must stay with the truck unless you run a replacement signal processor and corresponding aftermarket amps.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can’t really relocate them. But as long as they are still connected, it shouldn’t be an issue. The rear channel in my wife’s truck went out and everything else still worked fine. Just sounded awful.