Fake engine noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fetasigma

Reaction score
What models and trim levels have the fake engine noise? Or where do I look it up I forscan adress wise to see if mine has it? Getting my dongle to use forscan next week to disable the autostop/autostart. Thinking about other things to change as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I thought that was just a BMW thing?

Et tu, Ford?

OP
OP
F

fetasigma

Reaction score
Some folks were talking about it on the forscan thread, I got the idea that it may just be in the platinum to make it sound more v8ish. Just making sure ND if I can find the adress to look it up I will find out if it's on my limited.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They all do. Only the Platinum has noise cancellation.

And it’s not just BMW. Almost al manufacturers do it these days. If a manufacturer has ditched an 8 in favor of a turbo 6 or a 6 in favor of a turbo 4, you’d be pretty safe putting money on them piping some fake engine noise into the cabin.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They all do. Only the Platinum has noise cancellation.

And it’s not just BMW. Almost al manufacturers do it these days. If a manufacturer has ditched an 8 in favor of a turbo 6 or a 6 in favor of a turbo 4, you’d be pretty safe putting money on them piping some fake engine noise into the cabin.

And to be honest...and not as a criticism...I don’t understand why people care. I get if you’re buying a 6 cylinder and trying to pass it off to your friends as an 8 so you play fake audio...but if Ford wants to pipe in some fake noise to make my vehicle sound better, go for it! I guess I don’t understand.

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And to be honest...and not as a criticism...I don’t understand why people care. I get if you’re buying a 6 cylinder and trying to pass it off to your friends as an 8 so you play fake audio...but if Ford wants to pipe in some fake noise to make my vehicle sound better, go for it! I guess I don’t understand.
My 2016 sounds like a V8 ‍♂️ But I deleted my rear resonator and it’s tuned so that’s probably why

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2016 sounds like a V8 ‍[emoji3603] But I deleted my rear resonator and it’s tuned so that’s probably why

With a 6 banger, they with sound like a dead cow (BMW), a Cummins diesel truck or something in between.

No matter what you do, it won’t sound like a V8. Just plain physics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk