Fake engine noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's no engine noise in mine either when the ASS kicks in. You can check your tach and see if your engine has really shut off.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
I read some automotive magazine, compared the Ecoboost engine sound, to a 1998 Windstar with a bad muffler. Ford took note and added the 'fake' sound. I say quiet is better. This isn't some high performance car.

CougarCruiser

Reaction score
I just used Forscan today to disable the fake engine noise (assuming it's the same settings as on the F150). I can't say I can tell a difference at all.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cant we just pull the fuse for the radio out and see if the engine noises go away? I'm assuming its pumped in thru the radio...

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cant we just pull the fuse for the radio out and see if the engine noises go away? I'm assuming its pumped in thru the radio...
I think it’s pumped in through the AC vents:anitoof:

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just picked my new one up, and I'll be honest for an expensive vehicle the exhaust is far louder than I expected. Even my wife said, why does it make such a racket. I'm a muscle car guy with other loud cars, but this thing is borderline annoying because its a gross V6 sound. I still love it, but I know for sure I'll never open this exhaust up!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just picked my new one up, and I'll be honest for an expensive vehicle the exhaust is far louder than I expected. Even my wife said, why does it make such a racket. I'm a muscle car guy with other loud cars, but this thing is borderline annoying because its a gross V6 sound. I still love it, but I know for sure I'll never open this exhaust up!
I got the Navigator and, while I don’t think it sounds gross by any stretch of the imagination, I like my luxury vehicle nice and quiet... the more silent the better. If I want loud and imposing I’ll jump in my early model mustang for that.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got the Navigator and, while I don’t think it sounds gross by any stretch of the imagination, I like my luxury vehicle nice and quiet... the more silent the better. If I want loud and imposing I’ll jump in my early model mustang for that.

Exactly, that's why I was saying I'm amazed how loud this Expedition is. Let's be honest, its a V6, so the sound is just that.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perhaps it’s the active noise cancellation in the Platinum (I didn’t ever test drive a lower trim so I don’t have any point of comparison), but mine is incredibly quiet unless I put my foot hard into the accelerator.