FAN REMOVEL FROM WARTER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Ted

Reaction score
I took my truck for a ride today and I had one problem, little to no heat, engine was up to temp. I run it thurday and it got a lot warmer,my son and I was running it to get air bubbles out and I had the truck on a grade and I also jacked up the front as high as the jack would go. So does anyone have any idea where do I go next. Maybe more bubbles still in it or maybe thermostat.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your sure theirs no air trapped then yes try to flush out core. Didn't you have a little to no heat before? If flushing core a few times doesn't do it, you might be looking at a new core. Feel both hoses in and out of core, they both should be warm at operating temp .

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Mr.Ted

Reaction score
Not sure about air traped but I had the front of the truck a good 3 ft high but I guess that does not make it positive way. When me and my son was trying to get rid of air the heat was not hot but it was warmer than it was today. I will check the hoses tomorrow. Thanks Guys Hey I just thought of something, does the fact that I have rear heat and A/C make any difference?

Last edited:

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had to flush the heater core after I replaced the radiator. if your heater hoses are warm/hot then it is not air pockets. I still need to flush the rear heater core because I still don't have heat in the back.

starting to wonder if the debris came from the new radiator when it was manufactured.....

OP
OP
M

Mr.Ted

Reaction score
DOES THIS MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. I came home from church and I checked the top radiator and it is good and solid and hot. I also checked the rear heating unit and it was good and warm. I am trying really hard not to have to get into the front heater core. It says the pipes have quick connect fittings and I know Ford quick connect fittings are real bears.So what do you think

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When you say top radiator, are talking about the top radiator hose, or the top hose going to heater core at firewall? You need to feel top and bottom hose going in and out of heater core at firewall. If one is cold or just warm, and the others hot, that's a plugged core. Feeling the radiator top hose just says that the coolants returning from engine. That's the finish point, before recirculation.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Ted

Reaction score
Yes the top hose. Now since I have warm air in the back will I mess up that part if I flush the front

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Shouldn't , your not messing with those hoses. Theirs quite a few posts here, and on You tube how. Did you get a chance to check front core hoses?

OP
OP
M

Mr.Ted

Reaction score
will check those tomorrow. But watching some videos I thought the one hose had a Tee in that went to the back.