Favorite Forscan changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Decided to get myself the necessary components to tinker around with Forscan on my Expedition. I had hoped to enable DAB for SiriusXM but I see that it is a not possible without updating the APIM firmware.

Anyway, what are your favorite changes and what are the details (where to change, what to change, expected outcome)?

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Decided to get myself the necessary components to tinker around with Forscan on my Expedition. I had hoped to enable DAB for SiriusXM but I see that is a pretty unlikely situation without updating the APIM firmware. Cyanlabs indicates it MIGHT work to adjust via Forscan but we'll see...

Anyway, what are your favorite changes and what are the details (where to change, what to change, expected outcome)?
There is a Whole area on here dedicated to FORSCAN. I recommend you look there. Many threads.

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My favorite was enabling the fog lights while the high beam headlights are on.

I also used forscan to enable remote start and the trailer brake controller on the truck.

The one thing that I turned on, the didn't like was the "dark mode". This keeps your exterior and interior lights from coming on when you enter/unlock or exit the truck. Turns out I like being able to see when I do this.

skydiver

Reaction score
Cyclone,
"used forscan to enable remote start and the trailer brake controller on the truck."

What trim level is your Expy?
Did this unlock Ford Pass App remote start or keyfob remote start?
Did you already have a Remote start capable Remote key fob?

p38fln

Reaction score
My favorite was enabling the fog lights while the high beam headlights are on.

I also used forscan to enable remote start and the trailer brake controller on the truck.

The one thing that I turned on, the didn't like was the "dark mode". This keeps your exterior and interior lights from coming on when you enter/unlock or exit the truck. Turns out I like being able to see when I do this.
I have a 2007...you just flip the dome light switch all the way down and get that same effect lol

Cyclone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cyclone,
"used forscan to enable remote start and the trailer brake controller on the truck."

What trim level is your Expy?
Did this unlock Ford Pass App remote start or keyfob remote start?
Did you already have a Remote start capable Remote key fob?
I have a 2015 XLT (Its in my signature) I just unlocked the keyfob remote start. I then had to go to a dealership and purchase a remote start compatible keyfob and program it. worked.
But my remote start has limitations. It would only start up the HVAC in defroster mode (windshield air). I later replaced my Center Radio/HVAC controls with a Tesla Style flatscreen and proceeded to further lose all HVAC on remote start.

But at least the engine is warmed up when I get it.

G-latte

Reaction score
I added autolock on the ICP
activated the autolock in BCM
added bambi mode and DTRL but my DTRL wont take my bambi mode worked but the coding for DTRL didn't.
I found adjusting the ICP has caused it reset several times to lamp time out auto lock and unlock off and several other things. most of the time i dont need connect forscan to correct it just reset it with the setup pin.

I found the dash code 9903 is my as built and changed it to 9105 which took away my on screen compass and outside temp but moved the total milage to the lower bar.

G-latte

Reaction score
I have a 2007...you just flip the dome light switch all the way down and get that same effect lol
I have the problem of that is the only way interior lights come on with out opening a door. Im trying to get each light active when pressed light in other vehicles. do you know any way to fix this? I have dark car turned off.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Windows based Forscan software allows you to search and change without worrying about putting the wrong value change in.
First always backup your system and/or take screen shots.
Instead of choosing the As Built format, when loading and then having to manually change values, choose the module list that's not labelled that. This will give you the option to search and also select and change without having to manually change any values. It's all menu driven with clear explanations of each module, with selections to choose from. As with any spreadsheet, not all module changes will work on your specific vehicle. And it is also a good idea to write after each single change. This way, if something messes up, you can easily go back to that change and put it back to stock.