Finally, a transmission fluid and filter change video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This was recently posted by Ford TechMakuloco. Seems a lot of work for fluid change. I will be installing a pan with drain plug with the first oil change @50-60k miles.

The procedure seems fine, but I would still check the fluid level at operating temps. He only checked it when cold.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't wait to get an EV. I'm sick of all the ICE maintenance.

Just think. No more spark plugs, plug wires, coils, antifreeze, transmission fluid, differential fluid, fuel filters, engine air filters, fuel injector cleaner, zerk fittings to grease, engine starting batteries (to fail at a bad time), etc.

keny01998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's similar procedure as WS transmission fluid from Toyota/Lexus. I've been changing in my Lexus ATF fluid since 2010. I would not touch the transmission fluid until 60K miles.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford Service told me that same thing last week. "Change ATF every 60K miles in the 10 speed"

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me get this straight..... You guys can afford an $80K vehicle, but you can't afford to pay a guy to do a little maintenance on it? Blows my mind....

OP
OP
S

Soliyou

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me get this straight..... You guys can afford an $80K vehicle, but you can't afford to pay a guy to do a little maintenance on it? Blows my mind....

I just don’t have access to a technician that I trust to work on my car. I can share some horror stories of you have time :)

Plus,, I enjoy working on cars!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just don’t have access to a technician that I trust to work on my car. I can share some horror stories of you have time :)

Plus,, I enjoy working on cars!

Anybody thinking they are going to do much on todays vehicles is in for a surprise. I've always done all of my own maintenance on my previous cars, but this thing is a complicated mess. Sure, I dump the oil n rotate the tires, struts, brakes, etc, but anything more than that needs all their fancy computer BS or whatever. They specifically make these cars hard to work on, to push more work to their service departments.

I've heard many horror stories myself and that's why I always did my own work, but now I'm running out of time with my family and work, so unfortunately I have to rely more on mechanics. Luckily our local Ford Service department has been excellent as I'll be leaning on them more as this complicated vehicle ages.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody thinking they are going to do much on todays vehicles is in for a surprise. I've always done all of my own maintenance on my previous cars, but this thing is a complicated mess. Sure, I dump the oil n rotate the tires, struts, brakes, etc, but anything more than that needs all their fancy computer BS or whatever. They specifically make these cars hard to work on, to push more work to their service departments.

I've heard many horror stories myself and that's why I always did my own work, but now I'm running out of time with my family and work, so unfortunately I have to rely more on mechanics. Luckily our local Ford Service department has been excellent as I'll be leaning on them more as this complicated vehicle ages.

Same here, had too many mechanics do a half-ass job, but as I've gotten older and have more demands on my time vehicle maintenance is lower on my priority list. Ideally the Expedition would be a road trip/tow vehicle, but my wife decided she likes driving it so it sees more miles than I anticipated.