FINALLY!!! K&N dyno sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just stumbled across this. There is no doubt K$N has a fantastic marketing model. They have been making money for years,kudos to them.
Up front I'm old, been around for a loong time. Back when Yenko, Motion Performance and Tasca were the hot deal. I remember when K$N advertised a 25% increase at the rear wheels. Yup, 25% ad on the old Hot Rod magazine. They were told to drop the ad. I also remember the numerous times they were asked to attend Corvettes at Carlisle and do a before and after pull with the stock filter and with theirs. I'm not aware that through the years they ever did it. Think about all the manufacturers trying to wring out every bit of HP. Did any of them use a k$N? Sure they look good but you have to remember what really dictates how in today's engines HP is made. Oh, it sounds good, but I'm not into sonic drags. If you want to go quicker there are much better ways to spend your money imo.

Brons2

Reaction score
K&Ns are great rock catchers for dragstrip cars...they have low resistance to flow at high CFM, which if you've got a rip snorting big block at the drags, is what you want.

Not so great for street cars though.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
K&Ns are great rock catchers for dragstrip cars...they have low resistance to flow at high CFM, which if you've got a rip snorting big block at the drags, is what you want.

Not so great for street cars though.
I read years ago that there is no dormant forced air induction that gives any benefit until you get beyond 103MPH. It is all governed by cam, timing, valves and so on. But people continue to buy them.

Brons2

Reaction score
I was not talking about ram air setups, just along the lines of what to put on top of a 1050 CFM Holley Dominator carb if you're headed to the strip. A K&N is the correct answer for that application.

There's a difference between a cold air intake and a ram air intake. The latter refers to using the speed of the car to try to pack more air into the intake charge. Most K&N "cold air" intakes do not do this.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an UltraGauge that displays the intake temp. Generally it’s within 1-2 degrees of the ambient temp displayed in the HVAC. Sitting motionless will cause it to rise significantly, but as soon as the vehicle gets moving the temp drops down to near ambient.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an UltraGauge that displays the intake temp. Generally it’s within 1-2 degrees of the ambient temp displayed in the HVAC. Sitting motionless will cause it to rise significantly, but as soon as the vehicle gets moving the temp drops down to near ambient.

Ditto.