Finally replaced my 2010! Welcome my 2015!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride, OP.

I used to use the 2000 for Lyft and Uber up till about 2 years back. Unless I got a ride for Lyft plus, or got a prime time ride, it wasn't enough pay to be worth it. The gas, the maintenance, insurance, etc. On top of that the streets here in San Francisco are so flooded with vehicles now, you have to work your butt off to make a buck. I did it back in 2010 when Uber first launched here in San Francisco. It was very profitable then, you could easily make $300.00 plus on a Friday/Saturday nite. Now you got to struggle to make $100.00. I got out of ride sharing years back. Dealing with drunks ralfing in your clean Suv is not my idea of fun!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

This is the primary reason why I have avoided doing ride sharing. On the very rare occasions that one of my dogs puke in my truck, it's on the tarp I have permanently laid out in back, easy to clean up, and while it doesn't smell pleasant, dog puke isn't that bad. If a human being puked in there, I think the truck would have to be set ablaze. :p

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Both cabbies and ride shares allow driver to collect $150.00 any time a customer gets sick in your vehicle. Getting the money from Uber or Lyft is easy. Not always from a cab rider. They can just say I won't pay, and if it's a cash sale, not much you can do.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been successful with it here in LA, can't speak to the experience of others. I know my areas, zones, times, events, etc and I also have a fair amount of private business, too. I make it work.

So...other than the great rideshare debate, has anyone noticed any unique issues? Like, mine, the 110V AC doesn't work consistently. And how do you lock out the rear audio controls? I can't seem to find the option/screen. If anyone has a recommendation for a reliable power inverter that they use in their similar Expy, lemme know. Mine keeps blowing the fuse blocks on the 12V cargo area power point.

You're drawing too much power. The fuse is doing its job.