Fog light replacement wattage question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I have 80w fog lights that I installed in my new bumper. I decided against custom installing the factory fog lights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y43LQC6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I want to wire them today and I'm trying to figure out if the factory fog light wiring can handle them or do I need to use the factory plug to trigger a relay.

I'm also going to need to re-wire the harness for the parking sensors. The holes on my Iron Bull bumper are spaced to far apart to use my factory harness. I already replaced the 16 pin connector plug on the truck side of the harness. It wasn't too bad. Only 8 pins are used for the fog lights and the sensors.

20190322_131403_resized.jpg 20190322_131418_resized.jpg

Mark Buckner

Reaction score
HawkX66 - I'm sorry to just now be seeing this. Did you successfully get your parking sensor wiring worked out? If not, I can probably help -- I have had to have mine reinstalled TWICE, thanks to a State of Colorado dump truck last year. (But my Iron Bull bumper saved me from having my Expedition totaled!) If you still need help let me know and maybe we can connect directly. I am also having fog light issues, but until the accident had been running LED fogs on the factory circuit with no issues. Since LEDs draw much less than the stock halogens, the factory wiring/switching should be fine. I just replaced my headlight switch this morning to see if that was the problem with my intermittent fog light problem. On the surface it seems to have worked, but only time will tell because it has been an intermittent issue.