Fog Lights no longer working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tjhoward84

Reaction score
I was changing the bulbs on my fog lights last night and I plugged the passenger side in with the headlight/fog light switch in the ON position. When I did that, the drivers side fog light immediately went out. I figured I had blown a fuse and sure enough (fuse 27 - 5A) was blown. I replaced it and now my fog lights don't work and what's really weird is my headlights come on when only the parking lights are supposed to come on. I check the relay under the hood (relay 206 I believe) and that seems to be working. The only thing I can think of is something is shorted in the headlight/fog light/Panel Dim/Auto Lamp switch inside the truck.

Any other things to check?

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is for your 1999 Expy? I would definitely look into getting a new headlight switch since by the age of the vehicle I would assume they would be cheap enough to just buy a replacement. Also what I would do is pinout the back of the headlight switch and make sure it is all working fine (or not) before replacing it, if it works fine obviously don't bother replacing it. Also check and and ALL fuses related to lighting. I have worked on many school buses where the fuses panel labels are NOT labeled correctly or even close to being correct. Just a suggestion hope it helps, you can always pm me I'm willing to help, and am a LED GURU. Also I can give you brand suggestions for GOOD led brands not the gimmicky knock offs on amazon and all

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK