Fog lights upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PettDidi

Reaction score
FOG light improvement is just unreal! I bought AUXITO 9145 LED fog light bulbs because I put them on another vehicle about two years ago and they have been going strong.

INSTALL: The passenger side had pretty easy access to twist and remove the old light with the pigtail attached. The drivers side you can do too but, you'll need to slightly pull on the top of the License plate holder (right side or pax side) enough to allow your left hand, wrist and arm to snake its way over to the back of the drivers side fog light. That is the only way to get there unless you start taking stuff apart. Next, slowly twist out the old light, put in in the new LED and you're off. The improvement is fantastic. I cleaned up my lenses as they were hazy.

If your lenses are cloudy/hazy take some 240 wet/dry grit sand paper and sand them real good (i used water--wet sand). Next, take some 400 grit and sand them real good. Next, take some 800 grit and sand them real smooth. Next take some 3M rubbing compound to them and polish them till you cant see any scratches. Next, grab any brand of headlight renewal/restoration and polish it some more. It should look almost brand new. If you want to preserve that clear look either put a good coat of wax on it or spray the surface with the headlight coating until evenly and thoroughly coated.
1679379302762.png
1679379357428.png

pnolanExpMax

Reaction score
I started this conversion on the driver side on my 2021 Expy. There is a large power connector with lever latch literally right behind the fog lamp. I didn’t know what it was so I called the dealer. Two parts and service departments didn’t know. It’s mounted vertically to a large metal bracket. The dealer told me to just remove the whole headlight but I can’t find a shop manual to do it. My assumption is the whole grill has to come off. I don’t want to trigger any crash detection or other sensors. Any tips? One YouTuber goes in from under the front but his connector is offset just enough. Mine isn’t.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 16

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do this only with 5k or above color. I was told to use H8 bulb size.
It turned out my Fog Lights are factory LED because it's a Platinum. The only lights I found that are halogen or standard are the tag lights.