Folding mirror driver side not working Only passenger side works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsayakhom

Reaction score
I have a 2008 expedition limited edition, My driver side folding mirror wont fold, no noise, no sound nothing only the mirror adjustments work, the passenger side folds fine, my understaning is there is only one single fuse for the entire folding mirror is this correct? Can somebody help? I ordered 3 different folding mirrors from Ebay and None Fold despite advertised as folding. Either I am super unuckly since intalling them is a single cable? What would cause my Driver side to only adjust but not Fold. Also I replaced the switch itself but that still resulted in only passenger side folds where the driver side will NOT fold. I ordered 3 different folding mirrors and NONE worked, are there two fuses one for passenger one for driver is so where, or am I just that unlucky to buy 3 defective parts?

jkayca

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar problem but on the other side. Noticed the puddle light is out on the same side as the mirror that won't fold.

Roindhouse

Reaction score
Mine had the same problem
Passenger mirror folded but the driver one wouldn’t .
Not a problem until I bought new mirrors and the new ones came folded and I had to unfold it .

I found the wire that folds the mirror , to be broken on the door side of the plug at the connection where the mirror plugs into the door harness .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01