For those of you with Equalizer hitched... A question?

Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by johnboneske, Sep 27, 2018.

1. johnboneske

johnboneske Full Access Members

How many washers do you have between the head and hitch bar? I have 4 washers... Front end seems a little high, thinking about adding a 5th washer? Curious to know what you guys have? I don't have the load leveling suspension on my 2003 either.

P_20180927_114616_vHDR_Auto.jpg

2. DExpy17

DExpy17 Member

I have the fastaway E2 which is essentially the same as the equalizer ( same manufacture). Mine was originally set up for my suburban that we traded in on the Expy. It had 5 washers set by the installer. I have had no luck with getting it dialed in on the Expy I have a 1/2 dip in front of trailer to back and 1/4 return to front well. Does not handle well over 60 MPH and huge pull when trucks go by. worked great on the suburban though. I am actually taking in and having it switched out tomorrow with my old Reese "Strait- Line" WD. twice now I have gotten ito situations on back roads that the bolt on brackets on the camper have hit the ground and moved allowing the bars to come off and swing freely.

3. ynpmoose

ynpmoose Well-Known Member

I'm not certain on my count. I used all of the washers that came with it. 4 is their minimum, 8 is the max, so if you need more, add more. I think there is a good chance I used 8 for my 7000# max trailer which is tongue-heavier than most.