Ford, Are you Listening? 2018+ Change/Wish List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18MaxPlat

Reaction score
Ford, Please make all of the USB ports capable of data transfer. Those in the quarter trim panels at the 3rd row seats of the 2018 Max apparently are only capable of charging, as an iPod is not recognized when plugged in there. Aggravating! What possible reason, other than cutting cost, would there be for this?

Put a data transfer-capable USB port inside the center console storage compartment (under the fold-down armrest). My 2010 GMC Yukon XL had this, but my 2018 Ford Expedition Max Platinum doesn't?! There's no convenient place to leave an iPod plugged into the vehicle where it isn't in the way or at risk of having the cord snatched out of the plug. I use to leave my iPod plugged into the vehicle in the center console of the Yukon XL for months on end. In the Expedition I could do that in the tiny v-shaped compartment at the front of the console, but that space is so small that it makes getting the phone in and out very difficult.

Get rid of the swing-open door-type covers over the power and USB ports onj the dash and back of the center console, and replace them with something that recesses out of the way. these covers are in the way and thus vulnerable to being broken off when open. They look like an afterthought.

Make available optional color-matched contoured splash/mud guards (no logo) for all four wheels. Again, I could get these from GM for my 2010 Yukon, but all I can find for an Expedition is some cheap-looking black flat mud flaps. Really?!

18MaxPlat

Reaction score
Make the alarm mode selection of "perimeter" or "all sensors" persistent, remaining with last setting until changed by the operator. I changed to "perimeter", only to have the system revert to "all sensors" after a shutdown and re-start.

Provide sensitivity adjustment of (or just permanently desensitize) the internal motion sensors. There is no need for them to detect tiny object movement. And there should be a short time delay to prevent intermittent minor movements from setting off the alarm.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make the alarm mode selection of "perimeter" or "all sensors" persistent, remaining with last setting until changed by the operator. I changed to "perimeter", only to have the system revert to "all sensors" after a shutdown and re-start.

Provide sensitivity adjustment of (or just permanently desensitize) the internal motion sensors. There is no need for them to detect tiny object movement. And there should be a short time delay to prevent intermittent minor movements from setting off the alarm.
I’m pretty sure you can set it so you are prompted each time you turn the vehicle off, that way you don’t have to dig through the menu the long way to do change it one way or the other.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's a followup on the trailer selection. I still love the term "pre-flight" to describe the steps you have to go through to get the settings you want when you start with a trailer connected...

If I have no trailer connected, it behaves normally. The dash resumes on the screen you had previously selected.
If I have my travel trailer (7-pin) connected, it will automatically detect the trailer, select it as the active trailer, and will record mileage for the trailer. Nice!
If I then connect my utility trailer (4-pin), it will automatically detect the trailer, select the travel trailer as the active trailer since I haven't configured anything else, and will record even more mileage for the travel trailer! Not nice! I have to select No Active Trailer each and every time I start the vehicle with this trailer connected...
I don't think it's possible to configure a small utility trailer - no brakes to configure.

Still think it would be great to have a "macro" menu appear on startup that would let you select drive mode/trailer/etc. with one click. And all the notification windows that pop up get really old after a couple of times. Do I really need to be notified of cross traffic alert disabled, trailer connected, parking brake off, and drive mode each and every time I start the truck?

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another vote for less fog/water getting into tail lights. I’m not sure why they designed it this way, but it just makes me uncomfortable to see fog or water in them at anytime, even if it’s temporary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's why I bought the Expy, comfort, larger vehicle for safety and lots of room for five grandkids. I have my Silverado Z71 for romps up in the mountains, hunting, fishing and such. Plus, my wife loves the Expy and I remind her everyday that's why I bought it........brownie points really help when I wanna go running with the boys for a few days....

Randy_270

Reaction score
Now that I've had some time with my Expedition, I have a lot of changes. Most of which have been covered here.

I wish the max was available in the xlt trim in Canada, I was forced to get the limited even though the xlt has all the options I wanted. I want towing mirrors, get rid of the huge sun roof,and give me a colum shifter like the super duty's have. Also, I want 4wd hi, along with the auto and low range.

And am I the only one dissapointed in the ecoboost?? It has good power for stock but the fuel mileage is lacking. Its no better then the 2014 F150 5.0 I had. I would swap the ecoboost for a 5.0 or the 3.0 powerstroke in a heartbeat! If I wanted turbos, I would have bought a diesel.

julijn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now that I've had some time with my Expedition, I have a lot of changes. Most of which have been covered here.

I wish the max was available in the xlt trim in Canada, I was forced to get the limited even though the xlt has all the options I wanted. I want towing mirrors, get rid of the huge sun roof,and give me a colum shifter like the super duty's have. Also, I want 4wd hi, along with the auto and low range.

And am I the only one dissapointed in the ecoboost?? It has good power for stock but the fuel mileage is lacking. Its no better then the 2014 F150 5.0 I had. I would swap the ecoboost for a 5.0 or the 3.0 powerstroke in a heartbeat! If I wanted turbos, I would have bought a diesel.
This is weird.. then why did you buy a turbo 6? Sounds like buyers remorse...you bought it you live wiry what you bought....I love everything about my limited...

OP
OP
gtnator

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is weird.. then why did you buy a turbo 6? Sounds like buyers remorse...you bought it you live wiry what you bought....I love everything about my limited...

I think what he’s saying is he expected better gas mileage going from a V8 to a 6 turbo, that’s all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk